P1000 Best glue/adhesive for seat repair.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My seat is separating from the plastic base the factory glue is not holding. I plan on cleaning up the contact area and repairing it. Can anyone recommend the best adhesive?
There have been many attempts and people end up replacing the seat eventually.

I have had really good luck so far just putting a kemimoto cover on mine. It holds it all in place and no longer slips or separates.

https://amazon.com/kemimoto-Cover-Compatible-2016-2021-Pioneer/dp/B08MX3ND92/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

I failed and ordered a new seat.
I found the original Gorilla Glue held the best, but what a mess it left.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You guys got me thinking about my seat that's starting to separate again. I went to look at the seat cover again, thinking I may be able to delay the inevitable.

I found that amazon has another brand now for $25 or so cheaper than the Kemimoto, and it looks like it secures quite nicely with velcro straps all over underneath. Going to give one a try...

Starknight seat cover

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There have been many attempts and people end up replacing the seat eventually.

I have had really good luck so far just putting a kemimoto cover on mine. It holds it all in place and no longer slips or separates.

I’ve used the gorilla tape for years on my camper and other seat tears. I’ve found that if you apply the tape and hit the area with some heat or layout in the sun it’s really tough stuff.

you could tape over the seat to the bottom and then use a cover I guess as well.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@TripleB - what did you have to pay in shipping for the new seat? I don't imagine anyone's going to give you free shipping on that size...
They didn't quote anything like they did with that part of the cage. The cage section came on a pallet. I'm sure the seat comes in a box not much bigger than the seat. I'm betting the will ship it for free.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@TripleB - what did you have to pay in shipping for the new seat? I don't imagine anyone's going to give you free shipping on that size...
Hey walked in. Threw them a few hundro's.. and said. "Get me a new seat".
Then left.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!