BOX1

P700 Best Ground for Accessory Battery and opinion on electrics mount

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I am mounting my battery under the drivers seat as most do, my question is what are people using as a point to connect the battery to ground?

Also if PICs upload let me know what you think about where/how I am mounting my battery isolator, circuit breaker and relay.

What do you think?

Phil
Battery Mount Mockup
Battery Installed
Battery Installed2
Electrics Mount1
Electrics Mount2

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you have the makings of very good setup. As far as the ground, I believe the factory grounds to the motor are on the passenger side in front of the rear tire but you might be able to find another grounding strap on the engine by your battery. It looks like you got the oil filler relocated also. I had to do that on my 700 also because I ended up putting a big ammo can under the seat in the location you are putting your battery for storage. Just a little fyi encase you haven't had to deal with it yet, but putting oil back in the motor through the hose is a major pain as it is REALLY SLLLOOOWW. I ended up finding another cap that I was able to attach a funnel to so it would drain at its own pace. Keep up the good work and let us know how it works.

Reactions: Smitty335
M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi no I had not heard that about putting oil in it, thanks

Phil

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased a composite cutting board which is non-conductive and mounted it under the hood as a power center for all of my accessories.

Reactions: mpilihp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!