P1000 Best Lift Kit

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Considering lifting my P1000-5 but no more than 2.5" and wanted feedback on best kit and any issues anyone has experienced with said kits.

To me, Hi Lifter seems to be best (price and seemingly ease of install) but don't want to use it if could cause issues - especially with tire ware.

Not wanting to go with arched a-arms as I will be doing work myself. Not that I lack the skills or tools but after reading install instructions just more than I want to do. Call me lazy, lol.

Thanks for input.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Considering lifting my P1000-5 but no more than 2.5" and wanted feedback on best kit and any issues anyone has experienced with said kits.

To me, Hi Lifter seems to be best (price and seemingly ease of install) but don't want to use it if could cause issues - especially with tire ware.

Not wanting to go with arched a-arms as I will be doing work myself. Not that I lack the skills or tools but after reading install instructions just more than I want to do. Call me lazy, lol.

Thanks for input.
I have a HL on mine and haven't had any problems out of it

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Thanks for input.

Check out the high Lifter. It will stiffen the ride and make it feel more stable.

Also check out Strong Made as they lift it with keeping similar shock angles as stock and keep the ride smooth like stock. Smooth may mean less clean underwear if you go close to 30° or more

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do either of the lifts narrow the overall width of then wheel/tires?

Reactions: TimBaggt
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out the high Lifter. It will stiffen the ride and make it feel more stable.

Also check out Strong Made as they lift it with keeping similar shock angles as stock and keep the ride smooth like stock. Smooth may mean less clean underwear if you go close to 30° or more
I started with strongmade and liked it, it moves shocks on the low side. Later I come to understand HL would work with forward arms so just start there just in case you decide later...

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for input from everyone.

chadbo, your comment made me think of possible mods later down the road - pun intended. Did some research and found that HL makes arched arms that work with their lift kit. So more flexibility there. Think I would order new bushings to use with the HL arched arms so eliminating pressing bushings out of stock arms.

Anyone have experience with Super ATV 3" lift for P1000? Looks to be along lines of HL but uses a shock spring spacer in addition to the shock offset brackets. Guessing the shock spring spacer gives the lift the additional 1/2" height over the HL kit. I have experience with coil over set ups and not too fond of using spring spacers to gain shock length for additional height.

DPort, thinking a lift such as HL would reduced width of tire/tire due to the fact that the lift brackets push down or 'pinch' the suspension down/inward to gain height. The a arms/axles/etc would be stock length so stance would be narrowed some, but not sure if would be a noticeable amount. There's always wheel spacers, lol.

I had HL lift kit on my '09 Big Red 700 and loved it.

Thanks again for input!

J

JTW

chadbo, your comment made me think of possible mods later down the road - pun intended. Did some research and found that HL makes arched arms that work with their lift kit. So more flexibility there. Think I would order new bushings to use with the HL arched arms so eliminating pressing bushings out of stock arms.

Anyone have experience with Super ATV 3" lift for P1000? Looks to be along lines of HL but uses a shock spring spacer in addition to the shock offset brackets. Guessing the shock spring spacer gives the lift the additional 1/2" height over the HL kit. I have experience with coil over set ups and not too fond of using spring spacers to gain shock length for additional height.

DPort, thinking a lift such as HL would reduced width of tire/tire due to the fact that the lift brackets push down or 'pinch' the suspension down/inward to gain height. The a arms/axles/etc would be stock length so stance would be narrowed some, but not sure if would be a noticeable amount. There's always wheel spacers, lol.

Thanks again for input!
If you’re going for lift/clearance either get a-arms with built in lift (c-fab) or get the highlifter lift.

Reactions: DDDonkey and Isaiah
Hking94

Hking94

Dec 11, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks again for input!
F6D871C4 0F26 4988 B1CB D81AAA9B04BA

This machine has the 3inch and running 30inch tires also has wheel spacers.
IT RIDES LIKE ABSOLUTE s***! But if your after clearance it’s huge!

CONS:
Rides awful
Broke one factory axle already
Factory Tie rods are to weak

H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Go to a metal shop and have them cut you spring spacers. I did my own for zero dollars using scrap pipe from friends shop. I believe the front is 2in and the rear is 3in. DO NOT USE EXAUST PIPE!

M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a HL on mine and haven't had any problems out of it
Did you haver to use the 1" wheel spacers if using stock tires/wheels? HL recommends those, just wondering?

M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you guys use the 1" wheel spacers in using the HL 2.5" lift kit? If using stock wheels and tires.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you guys use the 1" wheel spacers in using the HL 2.5" lift kit? If using stock wheels and tires.
You should have to use the spacers. The tires will rub the upper bolt on the front shock. RB3 makes good stuff. Depending on what you want to run will require different sizes. Even with my aftermarket wheels I had to use front wheel spacers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!