Best tire choice for street tires

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m wondering if anyone has found the perfect tire to run on asphalt for the Talon? I have been running the Terrabites on beadlocks with pretty good results. No air leakage as some have reported. They also have lasted fairly well and are decent at higher speeds on asphalt. They say a round top tire handles better than a flat top tire. Has anyone ran any passenger car tires, such as a BFG TA radial? Maybe a Goodyear Eagle? My Terrabites are getting close to the replacement time, and looking for other options. I’m by no means disappointed in the Terrabites, but wondering if there’s something better?

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ive been using the terrabites also and have had good luck on blacktop roads also.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Tensors are DOT rated at 8 ply. Priced on the high side but have a good, long term reputation. If you are going to drive on asphalt, make sure the tires are DOT rate. Some for Hondas are and some are not.

Reactions: stellarpod

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!