The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only problem I see is they are NOT DOT approved
I wonder what they have to do to get a tire DOT improved... how the regulation work in that industry. I am sure they have to pay and submit for testing prior to receiving approval.

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wonder what they have to do to get a tire DOT improved... how the regulation work in that industry. I am sure they have to pay and submit for testing prior to receiving approval.
RED TAPE! Just ride in a lot of mud before getting on a hi way.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder what the sidewall max tire pressure is. WI frowns upon tires with a max pressure rating over 20psi

Reactions: Plumber32
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder what the sidewall max tire pressure is. WI frowns upon tires with a max pressure rating over 20psi
Due to the size being listed as 28x10.00r14 NHS (Non-Highway Service) They may allow it to be on the trails. I would still inquire with your local branch for their understanding of the rule though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been running BFG AT's for years on my trucks and they wear really well because they use a harder rubber compound. Have to stay mindful of psi and rotation intervals or they'll wear uneven and be the worst riding tire you've ever had. Don't know if the MT's are any softer but could make for a stiff ride on a UTV?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been running BFG AT's for years on my trucks and they wear really well because they use a harder rubber compound. Have to stay mindful of psi and rotation intervals or they'll wear uneven and be the worst riding tire you've ever had. Don't know if the MT's are any softer but could make for a stiff ride on a UTV?

I love the ATS only tire I’ve used on my trucks for last 20 years reg got 50-65k out of a set just depended on how much city vs hwy driving.

I would tend to ASSUME since they are UTV specific the compound would be much softer.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Judging by the lug pattern on these I’m not sure how they could claim they’re awesome in mud, there is just too much closed traction for good clean out. Even 2.0 would kick their ass in mud snow from what I see.
With that being said these are probably great at everything else and I’d sure consider in the dry months. Didn’t see anything on weight which is a concern for me if buying a tire. I’d like to see the review from someone I trust on these!

Reactions: BeerMonkey
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Judging by the lug pattern on these I’m not sure how they could claim they’re awesome in mud, there is just too much closed traction for good clean out. Even 2.0 would kick their ass in mud snow from what I see.
With that being said these are probably great at everything else and I’d sure consider in the dry months. Didn’t see anything on weight which is a concern for me if buying a tire. I’d like to see the review from someone I trust on these!

Well BFG are heavy in DOT truck tires, I’m not expecting these to be any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well BFG are heavy in DOT truck tires, I’m not expecting these to be any different.

My thoughts too. They will be spendy as well. Probably a good tough all around tire that’ll be a little slick in moisture. Probably comparable to the Ripsaws

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
My thoughts too. They will be spendy as well. Probably a good tough all around tire that’ll be a little slick in moisture. Probably comparable to the Ripsaws

Agreed, I’d love to see some Toyo open country AT II in utv size. I absolutely love them on my Titan.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yeah but they are actual 10ply in the sizes I always bought I don’t think these will be rated for that kind of weight even if they are 8ply

This has the possibility of being good if it’s specifically designed for a SXS.

The mud terrains look like Terrabites or buckshot mudders

The ATS don’t do very well in muddy terrain on a SxS even relative to the Evos, bighorns, or the like.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Be a good tire for those road running LE guys!!
@JTW a few years back
87593540 1B81 455A 9EBA 65C46EB22AB2

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!