P1000m5 BIG BLUE

Jshell3 submitted a new Garage Item:

Big Blue

This is as good of a time as any to start my build page. Currently, Big Blue has 0 modifications or accessories!
So every little thing I do, I'll post about it here.

My family took a vote and came up with the name Big Blue for the following reasons:
  • Our boys school colors are blue. And many cheers chant the words, "Go Big Blue!"
  • Froggy Fresh - Dunked On is a favorite at my house.
  • It abbreviates nicely as BB.
View attachment 37013 View attachment 37014 View attachment 37015 View attachment 37016 View attachment 37017 View attachment 37018

Read more about this showcase item here...

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to call it Babe!! Like Paul Bunyun's big blue OX!

My parents took us to Paul Bunyan Land on a camping trip in Northern Minnesota. As you walked in under these huge statues of Paul and his trusty Blue Ox Babe, Paul would welcome you by name. Completely baffled how Paul new our names. Took me years to figure that out. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good looking machine. Going to look forward to watching it progress into your machine

happy trails

Reactions: Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking ride J, I'm jealous! We know why you chose that name...:cool:
Mich

J

JTW

My parents took us to Paul Bunyan Land on a camping trip in Northern Minnesota. As you walked in under these huge statues of Paul and his trusty Blue Ox Babe, Paul would welcome you by name. Completely baffled how Paul new our names. Took me years to figure that out. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao!! I take it your folks were banking on athletic scholarships??

Reactions: Corona1
J

Jshell3

The roof I ordered when I bought Big Blue came in today.

So let's talk about that.

Part number 0SR85-HL4-501

The parts counter guy said this was the first roof with that part number that's entered or left his warehouse.

To my knowledge, I know of no changes to the top itself. But I took (and will take) many pictures.

The parts guy said that the only thing he saw different was the fact that they don't come "2 to the box" anymore. Each roof comes off the truck in its own box. Something as simple as that can change the part numbers. "Maybe they moved a hole or something 1/4". That would change the part number.

So that's about all I took away from our conversation, but I really haven't seen many roofs, up to this point.

Here's those pictures I promised.

IMG 4075
IMG 4076
IMG 4077

Every new roof from Honda from this point forward will be this part number. As the box suggests will fit any Pioneer Pk1-5 made from 2016 and beyond...

IMG 4092
IMG 4093
IMG 4095

From the rear:
IMG 4101

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The roof I ordered when I bought Big Blue came in today.

So let's talk about that.

Part number 0SR85-HL4-501

The parts counter guy said this was the first roof with that part number that's entered or left his warehouse.

To my knowledge, I know of no changes to the top itself. But I took (and will take) many pictures.

The parts guy said that the only thing he saw different was the fact that they don't come "2 to the box" anymore. Each roof comes off the truck in its own box. Something as simple as that can change the part numbers. "Maybe they moved a hole or something 1/4". That would change the part number.

So that's about all I took away from our conversation, but I really haven't seen many roofs, up to this point.

Here's those pictures I promised.

View attachment 37125 View attachment 37126 View attachment 37127

Every new roof from Honda from this point forward will be this part number. As the box suggests will fit any Pioneer Pk1-5 made from 2016 and beyond...

View attachment 37121 View attachment 37122 View attachment 37123

From the rear:
View attachment 37124
Honda did it right with those roofs. I used to say they were almost bulletproof til I stabbed a hole in mine with a large tree limb. I just say they are very very tough now lol.

J

Jshell3

Honda did it right with those roofs. I used to say they were almost bulletproof til I stabbed a hole in mine with a large tree limb. I just say they are very very tough now lol.
Well, I took my time installing it. Left all bolts loose, then got it all measured and centered before I tightened it down.
Directions left a lot to be desired.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That was a gun shot! Totally agree though I wouldn't want a different roof these hold up like crazy.