Big Red Muv 700 quit running

K

kullman

Nov 1, 2018
US
My 2012 Big Red Just quit while driving, fuel pump runs,has a weak spark,pulled injector and turned key on while cranking it will pulse fuel out once right away then nothing while engine is cranking over then it will pulse 2 squirts of fuel then nothing for quite a while. Tested injector,power to injector is good ,coil has battery voltage with key on,has peak voltage at 110 volts on initial crank of motor then falls to 80 - 90 Volts while cranking.acts like there is nothing triggering injector to spray fuel at right time ,do these have stator and crank trigger issues ? I was getting a mil code 12,64 and a 31 whatever that is could not find any info on that one.also switched out relays ,same problems.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe there is a service manual for those machine somewhere in our sub forums.
I would download it and start diagnosing the codes. These are surprisingly easy to work on when you have access to the service manual.
With the introduction of the Pioneer family, the big red's have kind of died off.
If you find the manual and still need help, please keep posting with your questions.

Reactions: kullman
K

kullman

Nov 1, 2018
US
I believe there is a service manual for those machine somewhere in our sub forums.
I would download it and start diagnosing the codes. These are surprisingly easy to work on when you have access to the service manual.
With the introduction of the Pioneer family, the big red's have kind of died off.
If you find the manual and still need help, please keep posting with your questions.
I have the manual but there is no code 31 in it

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!