Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Talon 1

A showroom stock 2020 Talon R with 268miles.

Have on the way from Super ATV front bumper, Black ops winch, half windshield, skid plate, and seat belt over ride.
JEI Nerf bar/tree kickers.
Mud busters to fill the hole at the back of the cab.
Twin air air cleaner kit. I have had a Twin air on everything I have owned since the 80's from CR125/250s, 250Rs, to 450Rs, don't see why the Talon should be any different.
Light bar, dome light, and back up lights I already have.
Soon as I make tractor supply I will grab some kinda box for the bed.
Stealing the Tusk wheels and tires and Pro Armor 5 points off my Maverick.

Once I have more time, my father and I will build rear bumper, tail gate, and spare tire carrier.

Hope to add in the near future the instrument cluster relocation equipment, I see there is a couple good options on this site. Reroute the air intake. Add the under hood storage compartment. Either build or buy lower door inserts.

Will add pictures of the parts when they arrive and after they are on.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Guy came down $500 to $20,000. I was not able to find but 3 2020 Green with less than 500 miles on them within 500 miles of me. 2 sold as I was trying to set up to look at them.

The SuperAtv parts showed up yesterday and JEI nerfs today. Got the winch plate and winch on. Bumper just held on to figure out how I want to mount the light bar. Will grab some pictures tomorrow.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Picked up back up and dome LEDs today, hope to mount them along with front bumper and light bar tomorrow, then start the wiring process. Switch plate, toggle switches, service manual, and Twin air air cleaner showed up today.

When I put the air cleaner in, I am going to put some 2 stroke oil of the engine side of the air cleaner so I can see if the filter works good or not.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Haven't opened the box yet, been spending every spare second getting the nerfs on. Which I just finished up. Will get pictures of them tomorrow. Hopefully get the skid plate and finish the wiring tomorrow also. Will open the box and get pictures and post some for you tomorrow.

Reactions: Blownzuki and CID
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have the SuperATV front bumper, ARMW skid plate, and JEI nerf bars mounted plus 12" light bar on the bumper. Have wiring ran for back up lights and map light, have to mount those light and wire up, also waiting on rocker switchs as the ones I had bought are to big. Also put my Tusk Terrabites on I had on my Maverick. I also need to trim the rubber seal on the 1/2 windshield, letting it get comfortable before I trim it. I have trailing arm guards coming yet and hope to have a storage trunk mounted in the next couple days.
Bump

Nerf

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The twin air filter kit was $146 and just an extra foam filter is $45. I believe the stock filter is around $50. So in 3 clean and oils it will pay for it self. I have not installed it yet between work and having my son on my days off. He has been helping work on the Talon or Godzilla as he has named it. lol He is a big Godzilla fan, we watch a Godzilla movie once a week, we even watch the movies from the 60's and some are not even in english. lol

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m likin’ that green a little more every time I see one. I met a father/son + Mrs. on top of Hancock Pass 2 days ago in a pair of green Talons.

The link in my sig has some basic Talon info if you haven’t seen it (I keep a list of whom I told but it’s on the home puter and I’m not home, Lake City, CO right now and the aspen are in full boogie. Alpine Loop tomorrow.)

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I never liked the Kawasaki green on the KX, but when I seen the green Talon it just spoke to me. I was telling a buddy who had never seen a green Talon I wanted green and he was thinking Honda foreman OD or hunter green not Flo green and could not understand why I wanted green. That was until he seen one. lol

You told me already, but thank you because there is alot of good into in that thread. Enjoy you trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blownzuki and CID
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Oh I also add a piece of vinyl roofing material to completely cover the dash where the stock rubber piece only goes 2/3rds across and the EMP under hood storage box. Mud busters are on, had to trim them up for the nerf bars.

Last edited:
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Took my Talon on its 1st ride last sat. Deff like it better than my 14 Maverick, more room in cab and more stable. It was a muddy mess! But only got stick 1 place and that was making a turn going up hill out of a rut that was slick as snot! Gad to winch the front end around a couple feet and then it went the rest of the way. Buddy with stock tires made it right in front of me, but I believe he mad it slicker for me all the spinning he did to make it. Only thing I disliked was in auto it would shift to a higher gear than I wanted, seem it wanted to be down around 3k and I wanted it at 5k.
KIMG0287
PART 1634308762438 KIMG0287

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Without lower doors it let alot of mud in the cab, so I grab a set of McNasty custom's lower doors. Mounted nice, going out sunday to see how they do and hold up.

KIMG0301
KIMG0302

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sport mode helps with more rpm’s.

otherwise you can downshift manually with the paddle shifters while still in auto. The computer will take back over after a couple seconds.

Reactions: Bigshow
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
In manual, you can bounce off the rev limiter all ya want, you'll be responsible for all upshifts and you'll be busy tryin' to keep up. It'll still downshift when 'it' wants.

Reactions: Bigshow
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I was in sport mode and had a love affair with the down shift paddle. lol I tried manual and seemed every time I wanted to up shift my hands was not in the right place. I will have to learn better hand positions. Really want a gear shift on the floor/tunnel to shift it like a trophy truck. It is just pressure switches on the paddles I am sure, someday I might try to make one. Probably could use a set of points to make it happen.

Reactions: CID and toddvdh
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!