CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I never made it to Black Bear Pass in Colorado on the motorcycle, I was always drawn to Utah's desert - there were simply too many loose rocks in Colorado for my skill level. But now that I have a Talon, all of Colorado has opened up putting BBP back on my bucket list. :cool:

Now I'm wondering if I should reconsider - :oops: (if you're not really interested in riding BBP, jump to 15 minutes) Also note that it's a one way trail and SxSs aren't allowed on the streets in Telluride at the bottom of the pass, so you'll need to arrange pickup.

Reactions: TripleB
TalonR65

TalonR65

Mar 29, 2020
Tucson AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I never made it to Black Bear Pass in Colorado on the motorcycle, I was always drawn to Utah's desert - there were simply too many loose rocks in Colorado for my skill level. But now that I have a Talon, all of Colorado has opened up putting BBP back on my bucket list. :cool: Colorado is very unfriendly to utv,s. Even if you street legal, registered and insured they don’t let you drive on roads. But Jeep’s can 🤪

Now I'm wondering if I should reconsider - :oops: (if you're not really interested in riding BBP, jump to 15 minutes) Also note that it's a one way trail and SxSs aren't allowed on the streets in Telluride at the bottom of the pass, so you'll need to arrange pickup.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Your comment got sucked up in my post but you're right, Kalirado isn't UTV friendly and why it took me so long to buy one. :( We can't make them street legal here and aren't reciprocal to other states' plates.

"Colorado is very unfriendly to utv,s. Even if you street legal, registered and insured they don’t let you drive on roads. But Jeep’s can 🤪 "

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Be careful out there. :oops: I'd have been jumping on the reverse pedal, not sitting there watching the debris and rocks continue to follow the Jeep down the mountainside.

• Wow
Reactions: wrhii and TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Saw that this afternoon and was wondering the back story. That's crazy, hope they find the other pooch.

Reactions: CMB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Saw that this afternoon and was wondering the back story. That's crazy, hope they find the other pooch.
Pretty crazy if I read it right, the Jeep was in park and slid off the mountain?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pretty crazy if I read it right, the Jeep was in park and slid off the mountain?
That's what it sounded like to me. It's curious, if you're in 4WD the transfer case ties the front and back wheels together, so all 4 would have to slide, unless he was in 2WD. That road pretty much demands 4WD, it's steep and narrow with tight switchbacks requiring K-turns to get around.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats one of those accidents you better wakeup Leroy to see !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!