BOX1

P1000 Black Diamond XTR

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody run these tires on a Pioneer 1000? I've had them on a lot of machines and really like them. Got 3200 miles on them on my Teryx. 28 by 10 by 14

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did u try the search like you were asked in the other thread you asked about tires?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, no luck. So many choices of tires LOL
Hummm heres one. did a quick search, theres quite a few on them.
how bout them pics btw?

• Haha
G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes thanks a lot I already looked at that I was just wondering if anybody run them on their machine and how they do because the Pioneer 1000 le5 is almost 1,800 pounds. And between me and the wife and the two dogs and our cargo we definitely have to be over 2000. So I'll probably end up going with an 8 ply even though those tires rode very well on the other machines. Just don't think six ply is going to cut it. But thanks a lot for checking I appreciate it.

Reactions: Smitty335
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran them on a 700-4 back when they were STI's. Did well and I considered trying them again on my current 700...but wondered if they were truly the same tire from Ocelot. The STI versions were also DOT legal, if I recall.

They were definitely on the more supple side of 6plys (as opposed to something stiff as a board like Ripsaws), but the rode great, and held up well.
The only thing was...it seemed like the shoulder was a little unprotected and on one of the 1st rides, a cat-claw thorn went through the sidewall and barely put a hole in it...so I was like OK, this might be an issue, but it didn't turn out to be. I don't think I got another flat until the one that ruined it due to me being a dumbass and running it rather that stop an plug it (Vodka). Seemed like they were going to do about 2000 or so miles here in AZ. That was a 25".
Also, they are a flat profile tire, so they tend to run on the small side.

This is all aSSuming they are the same tire STI sold for a while, which may not be the case, though the tread is identical.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!