P1000 Black Lug Nuts that fit a 17mm socket

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just as the title says anyone know where I can get Black acorn style lug nuts that fit a 17mm socket? I purchased new system 3 rims and the lug nuts that came with them require a special tool, There splined. I would prefer to use a standard socket if I can find them. Seems like all the ones I am finding require a 19mm socket which will not fit the wheel.

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m also running system 3 wheels and tires. Still using the spline drive lug nuts but keep one adapter with the machine and another in the tool box at home. The threads on the Honda are 12mm x 1.5 pitch if that will help you find acorn nut at your local parts store.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did they only have the splined lug nuts. I have searched and it looks like to get a standard lug nuts acron style it takes a 19mm socket which will not fit the wheel. I so ordered two extra spline tools and deep sockets and will epoxy them together and keep one I. My tool kit on the P1k5 and one in my truck plus the original o e in my tool box.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
require a special tool, There splined.
Yes, most aftermarket rims do. My MSA’s do as well. It should have come with the tool. If not, there easy to get and cheap. I keep one in my pack out in the machine and one in my MAC box at home.
its cuz of the tight clearance of the fancy rims we want now a days as to why you need that tool. good luck at finding the lugs to replace them. Just use the tool!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had this problem with my spare - the lug nut hole was designed for spline tool lugnuts. That means I'd have to have the spline socket for my spare only.
I found some 17mm lugnuts, but they are cone shaped, not round, and I can only use them to keep the spare on the carrier.
It's kind of a pain, but for me it's better than having to carry / keep track of a spare-only spline socket in my kit.
Good luck.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Take a look at what mcGard offers. I use their lug nuts on everything. They look great, are thru hardened, and are MADE IN THE USA.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!