Talon Black ops talon winch mount kit and 5000lbs winch?

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have any of you guys used these or worked with them?

Got the talon stuck pretty good this weekend and definatly could have used a winch. Just trying to figure out best option

Thanks
IMG 09781

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X

Got the talon stuck pretty good this weekend and definatly could have used a winch. Just trying to figure out best option

ThanksView attachment 139237
I got the mounting plate. Pretty simple install. Looks well made and sturdy. Happy with it, but just put it on a few days ago so hasn't been put to the test. Sure it will be fine. But attaching the winch to it was a pain in the ass. The mount is vertical, attached to the frame. Front differential is right behind it so getting behind it for the bolts is vvverrryyyyyy tight.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just got my plate in this weekend so hopefully will be installing this week i decided to go with cheap badlands winch for now

Reactions: Razorback
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have the viper 4500lb wide spool and while it works well, you may need a wrecker to get out of that hole lol

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

ThanksView attachment 139237
I used the L&W Fab winch mount and Black Ops 4500 winch on my Talon X. Installation was fairly easy and all fit well. Haven't had the opportunity to put it to the test.

Reactions: Mikehallad
devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Went with badlands winch and superatv winch mount kit, installation was fairly easy just tight getting to the bolts to mount the winch.

20190708 212052

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Went with badlands winch and superatv winch mount kit, installation was fairly easy just tight getting to the bolts to mount the winch.

View attachment 140502

I am assuming that you used the 5,000 lb Badlands winch with the included fairlead? Did the winch & fairlead bolt right up to the Super ATV winch mount brackets without any mods? Looks kinda tight in for the wide fairlead in between the factory Honda front bar. I like the Super ATV winch mounting setup the best of any of the options including the Honda OEM as it attaches to the vehicle in more and beefier fashion. I was worried about the larger physical size of the 5,000lb winch fitting in the area, but I guess it works fine from the pic you have. Thanks

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am assuming that you used the 5,000 lb Badlands winch with the included fairlead? Did the winch & fairlead bolt right up to the Super ATV winch mount brackets without any mods? Looks kinda tight in for the wide fairlead in between the factory Honda front bar. I like the Super ATV winch mounting setup the best of any of the options including the Honda OEM as it attaches to the vehicle in more and beefier fashion. I was worried about the larger physical size of the 5,000lb winch fitting in the area, but I guess it works fine from the pic you have. Thanks

I had to drill holes to put the badlands fairlead on, I did that because it had rollers, Dont need it

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
660E56DA 9AE1 455B 9CF7 A3400455F225 E8A5181A FDBF 431A A31B 2373BD58C0B7 F450874E 1F29 4064 A7CC 0CF29C730E4B I installed HMF rear and front bumpers with exo bars. The winch plate was already on the front bumper and install was easy. I installed a KFI stealth 4500lbs winch.

Reactions: Razorback
Mikehallad

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
I used the L&W Fab winch mount and Black Ops 4500 winch on my Talon X. Installation was fairly easy and all fit well. Haven't had the opportunity to put it to the test.

I am looking at this exact combo. Any issues with the electrical? What switch did you use on the dash?

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am looking at this exact combo. Any issues with the electrical? What switch did you use on the dash?
I just used the one supplied i will eventually like to get another one that fits appropriately

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anyone install the Axon 55 on your Talon?

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am putting one on currently. Mounted last night. Just need to do the wiring and finalize everything.
Great, are you mounting on the stock bumper frame? If so, what mounting bracket are you using? Thank you

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Great, are you mounting on the stock bumper frame? If so, what mounting bracket are you using? Thank you

I have Honda aluminum bumper but don't see where it would be any different than the stock. I am using the L&W mount. Mount is nice but I am not real comfortable with the way the line is coming out of it to fairlead. On the last wrap the line is rubbing on the winch some. I can take pics to show better.
I think a mount that mounts the winch horizontal would work better that the L&W vertical mount. Axon has a bigger opening for line on other sides and smaller to the top side. I may switch to a different horizontal style mount.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have Honda aluminum bumper but don't see where it would be any different than the stock. I am using the L&W mount. Mount is nice but I am not real comfortable with the way the line is coming out of it to fairlead. On the last wrap the line is rubbing on the winch some. I can take pics to show better.
I think a mount that mounts the winch horizontal would work better that the L&W vertical mount. Axon has a bigger opening for line on other sides and smaller to the top side. I may switch to a different horizontal style mount.
:eek: Wow, never heard of a vertical mount. Don’t believe I’d like that at all.

I’m definitely going to do a horizontal mount, and I really want the Axon 55. I cannot however add an AM bumper as I’ve got a scant 4” clearance in my toy hauler garage. So I need a mount that will fit on the stock bumper frame.

Pics will be nice when you have a chance. Thanks

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
:eek: Wow, never heard of a vertical mount. Don’t believe I’d like that at all.

I’m definitely going to do a horizontal mount, and I really want the Axion 55. I cannot however add an AM bumper as I’ve got a scant 4” clearance in my toy hauler garage. So I need a mount that will fit on the stock bumper frame.

Pics will be nice when you have a chance. Thanks

I really like how the L&W mount attaches to the frame directly and is the reason I purchased. I am sure any winch other than the AXON series would have no issues.

I see no difference in the mounting on the honda bumpers, stock or aluminum.

I will probably look at the KFI mount if this one doesnt work out.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!