• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon Black ops talon winch mount kit and 5000lbs winch?

Discussion in 'General Talon 1000 Discussion' started by devildog1000R, Jul 1, 2019.

1. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    Have any of you guys used these or worked with them?

Got the talon stuck pretty good this weekend and definatly could have used a winch. Just trying to figure out best option

Thanks IMG_09781.jpg

2. Razorback

Razorback Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    I got the mounting plate. Pretty simple install. Looks well made and sturdy. Happy with it, but just put it on a few days ago so hasn't been put to the test. Sure it will be fine. But attaching the winch to it was a pain in the ass. The mount is vertical, attached to the frame. Front differential is right behind it so getting behind it for the bolts is vvverrryyyyyy tight.

Dp5hunter likes this.
  3. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    Just got my plate in this weekend so hopefully will be installing this week i decided to go with cheap badlands winch for now

Razorback likes this.
  4. bjniceguy

bjniceguy Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    i have the viper 4500lb wide spool and while it works well, you may need a wrecker to get out of that hole lol

5. Moto4

Moto4 New Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand, Talon X
    I used the L&W Fab winch mount and Black Ops 4500 winch on my Talon X. Installation was fairly easy and all fit well. Haven't had the opportunity to put it to the test.

6. Razorback

Razorback Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    I'm using the Badlands too. Went with the 5,000 lb.

7. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    Went with badlands winch and superatv winch mount kit, installation was fairly easy just tight getting to the bolts to mount the winch.

20190708_212052.jpg

8. cummins14

cummins14 Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    I am assuming that you used the 5,000 lb Badlands winch with the included fairlead? Did the winch & fairlead bolt right up to the Super ATV winch mount brackets without any mods? Looks kinda tight in for the wide fairlead in between the factory Honda front bar. I like the Super ATV winch mounting setup the best of any of the options including the Honda OEM as it attaches to the vehicle in more and beefier fashion. I was worried about the larger physical size of the 5,000lb winch fitting in the area, but I guess it works fine from the pic you have. Thanks

9. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R

I had to drill holes to put the badlands fairlead on, I did that because it had rollers, Dont need it

10. Nazz26

Nazz26 New Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    660E56DA-9AE1-455B-9CF7-A3400455F225.jpeg E8A5181A-FDBF-431A-A31B-2373BD58C0B7.jpeg F450874E-1F29-4064-A7CC-0CF29C730E4B.jpeg I installed HMF rear and front bumpers with exo bars. The winch plate was already on the front bumper and install was easy. I installed a KFI stealth 4500lbs winch.

Razorback likes this.
  11. devildog1000R

devildog1000R New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    I like The looks of that