DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome.
I would think that combo would be quite nice. I run 26x9-12 Evo's on all 4 corners but on 5+2 wheels and really like the tires. I think @Caper is running Evo's on stock rims, maybe he'll chime in.
Also - the general consensus/recommendation on the P5 is "If you go up in tire size, widen out the stance (spacers)".

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
4CD06D3A F289 4F61 831A 4654E8A2E115
Has anybody tried 26x9-12 26x11-12 itp black water evo on stock wheels. New p5 owner got to get 24s off
DaddyDubbs is right. I have the Blackwaters 26’s on stock rims. I love them. They go where you turn them. In a rut they will pull you right back out. Not ruff at all. Maybe on pavement, but I only cross the pavement. I don’t find it any more unstable than stock. Mine is a 15 so it’s a little more ground clearance than new ones. And the Blackwaters love the mud. I don’t have a locker, yet, but it’s nice having them on in a few places I go in Cape Breton. I also went to 9 and 11 “ . Plus they look great. I put the Yellow letters out. If your going to pay for them, might as well let everyone know what they are. :) Hope that helps rmarkp.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome.
I would think that combo would be quite nice. I run 26x9-12 Evo's on all 4 corners but on 5+2 wheels and really like the tires. I think @Caper is running Evo's on stock rims, maybe he'll chime in.
Also - the general consensus/recommendation on the P5 is "If you go up in tire size, widen out the stance (spacers)".
Thanks for the shout out D D. I keep them at 10 lbs each. Same as stock. I love them. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 116300
DaddyDubbs is right. I have the Blackwaters 26’s on stock rims. I love them. They go where you turn them. In a rut they will pull you right back out. Not ruff at all. Maybe on pavement, but I only cross the pavement. I don’t find it any more unstable than stock. Mine is a 15 so it’s a little more ground clearance than new ones. And the Blackwaters love the mud. I don’t have a locker, yet, but it’s nice having them on in a few places I go in Cape Breton. I also went to 9 and 11 “ . Plus they look great. I put the Yellow letters out. If your going to pay for them, might as well let everyone know what they are. :) Hope that helps rmarkp.
Caper
Oh, I don’t have spaces. We have 50” trails in places. I could probably still make it through, but for now I’ll stay with the stock. :)
Caper

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to stay close to 50 What's your advice with out.

Don't mess with it then. This machine is a bit tippy out of the gate and taking it higher just makes it worse and down right dangerous IMO. There are pics all over this forum of guys on their side that have tried it and at least one horror story. Aftermarket wheels with offsets or spacers don't make it that much wider and you'll still fit fine down a restricted trail, that's what I ride the most. 26's on stock wheels and no spacers is a pucker fest!
BTW, I gave this same advice to the guy that now has the horror story. Totaled his machine and was damn lucky it wasn't worse. Set it up right and it's a different machine. :)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Don't mess with it then. This machine is a bit tippy out of the gate and taking it higher just makes it worse and down right dangerous IMO. There are pics all over this forum of guys on their side that have tried it and at least one horror story. Aftermarket wheels with offsets or spacers don't make it that much wider and you'll still fit fine down a restricted trail, that's what I ride the most. 26's on stock wheels and no spacers is a pucker fest!
BTW, I gave this same advice to the guy that now has the horror story. Totaled his machine and was damn lucky it wasn't worse. Set it up right and it's a different machine. :)
Now you’re scaring him. Haha. Mine is 5 years old. So far so good. A full year doing everything I did before. All good. But I’m older and don’t screw around like I used to. It hurts now. Haha. You can’t go sideways on a hill, but I wouldn’t do that on an arc either. :) I’ll post a picture if I put her on her side. Just two opinions. There are probably more. :D
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Now you’re scaring him. Haha. Mine is 5 years old. So far so good. A full year doing everything I did before. All good. But I’m older and don’t screw around like I used to. It hurts now. Haha. You can’t go sideways on a hill, but I wouldn’t do that on an arc either. :) I’ll post a picture if I put her on her side. Just two opinions. There are probably more. :D
Caper
Trigger is more knowledgeable on the 500 than I am. For sure. Fingers crossed. :)
Caper

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I wouldn't go up without going out, you're asking for trouble that way. FWIW ;)
Not disagreeing with you at all since I went with 5+2 wheels, however a few things to consider, Honda lowered the ground clearance on the 2017, plus 26” Evo’s do run undersize and mine are just a tad over 25” so the Evo’s on a ‘17 or newer might be closer to an earlier model on stock 24’s. All that being said, I would still recommend spacers or offset wheels to be safe.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not disagreeing with you at all since I went with 5+2 wheels, however a few things to consider, Honda lowered the ground clearance on the 2017, plus 26” Evo’s do run undersize and mine are just a tad over 25” so the Evo’s on a ‘17 or newer might be closer to an earlier model on stock 24’s. All that being said, I would still recommend spacers or offset wheels to be safe.
Honda wanted me to switch shocks out so it would lower the bike , but I like the height. It’s definitely higher than a new one. Next time I have it at Honda, I’ll put them nose to nose and take a picture.
Trigger has helped many people on this site, including me. :)
Have a great day. :)
Caper

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 116300
Caper
I almost bought Blackwaters but ended up going with Roctanes. I bet the Blackwaters would be great on the P5.
EC765317 DFA6 486E 87C6 86226A8D3507

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda wanted me to switch shocks out so it would lower the bike , but I like the height. It’s definitely higher than a new one. Next time I have it at Honda, I’ll put them nose to nose and take a picture.
Trigger has helped many people on this site, including me. :)
Have a great day. :)
Caper

I've tried about every set up possible and i just don't want to see anyone get hurt. ;)

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500

I have Roctanes 26 9 & 11s on stock rims that I run between 8 to 10 psi. I put 1” spacers on. I felt a slight to moderate increase in stability. I decided to get the spacers after doing a u-turn on a narrow road, riding the tire up a steep little slope and getting into a teeter-totter situation. The P5 wanted to tip when it tottered. I feel it when wheeling around a flat corner at speed... the machine will tend to slide abit more than it feels like it’s starting to tip. It’s a real ‘seat of the pants’ sensation. I’ve never seen a width-restricted trail out here. Sometimes I will crawl through a trail that quadders have put in and I might scrub my tires abit more. I don’t feel that the 52” stance has kept me out of anything. It still fits easily in the back of my GMC 3/4 ton with the plastic 6.5 ft box liner. I’m glad I got spacers and recommend them to anyone that doesn’t have to deal with width-nazis.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have Roctanes 26 9 & 11s on stock rims that I run between 8 to 10 psi. I put 1” spacers on. I felt a slight to moderate increase in stability. I decided to get the spacers after doing a u-turn on a narrow road, riding the tire up a steep little slope and getting into a teeter-totter situation. The P5 wanted to tip when it tottered. I feel it when wheeling around a flat corner at speed... the machine will tend to slide abit more than it feels like it’s starting to tip. It’s a real ‘seat of the pants’ sensation. I’ve never seen a width-restricted trail out here. Sometimes I will crawl through a trail that quadders have put in and I might scrub my tires abit more. I don’t feel that the 52” stance has kept me out of anything. It still fits easily in the back of my GMC 3/4 ton with the plastic 6.5 ft box liner. I’m glad I got spacers and recommend them to anyone that doesn’t have to deal with width-nazis.

Good sh** Al! There's a few guys on here that still swear it's stable without the spacers but some of us know better. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!