BOX1

P1000 bleeding air on edge of rim = new tires and/or new rims?

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had air loss in my tires that is far from consistent...
some times I lose the air overnight, sometimes the tires stay well for 3-4 days but I can never go one week without needing to add air.
2 times, we have removed the tires and reset back on to rim and the last time the rims were cleaned and buffed on the edges.
I keep my air at 15psi it works great for the terrain I have to deal with and cuts down on puncture/pinch flats from rocks.

This last time after buffing the rim edges the air held really good for almost 4 days and I thought the battle was over.
Then as looking around at my rear axle I caught it!

Had my suspicions and today its confirmed, my air is leaking at the edge of the rims...

looking for thoughts, comments, feedback on wether its time for new tires, new rims or is there some other amazing solution out there.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!