P500 Blueberry Build

Jshell3 submitted a new Garage Item:

Jshell3 "blueberry"

Ok HondaSXS... I spent an afternoon putting this slideshow together showcasing Blueberry... I tried to list any accessories up to this point (10/29/2016)... So I'm nearly done with it for the time being. Ready to Ride!!!

This plays best on your phone. Designed for the Vertical screen!

If there's something you see that you'd like to know more... Like where I got it, or how much did it cost... just ask.

The time I've spent has been fun and addictive to build. Now that I'm finishing up, I realize that I'll miss the hours I spent tinkering in the shop or waiting for UPS to show up!

The HondaSxS stickers on Blueberry represent YOU! and the nights on my phone reading various threads, digging through opinions and taking advice on this build. Thanks a ton!!!

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

Were do you get the
BLUEBERRY. .....fuel?
It just gas..

IMG 0918

J

Jshell3

Nice video J, dig the soundtrack.
Now I'm ordering those Kolpin mirrors. What can you tell me about those Rock Sliders? Price and are you happy with them?

The mirrors are good. I've got a stretch of hwy between my house and my lease. The mirrors keep me from turning my head around every 7-8 seconds at WOT. Only thing worth mentioning... the passenger side mirror is really only useful for the passenger. (It's the lower mounting location gives you a glass full of rollbar) But then again, the passenger appreciates looking behind, so it's not a bad thing, really.
I know you've got concern about the convex shape of the mirror... but it gets the job done, none the less.

The Ricochet Rock Sliders ($249 gray aluminum / $299 black aluminum) haven't really been tested, but it helps my feelings knowing they are down there. It took me about 10 mins to install. 40 torx head is required to drive the bolts... and I have a Makita impact driver that cinched it all up tight !!! :)
I would recommend them if you are comfortable with the High Impact Plastic stock center skid plate.
Certainly cheaper than full skids under coverage!
I bought them because I didn't like the designs of the crossbar floorboard support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trigger
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Nice video J, dig the soundtrack.
Now I'm ordering those Kolpin mirrors. What can you tell me about those Rock Sliders? Price and are you happy with them?
YEA I'm interested in thous rock sliders also how do you like them and where they expensive.

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The mirrors are good. I've got a stretch of hwy between my house and my lease. The mirrors keep me from turning my head around every 7-8 seconds at WOT. Only thing worth mentioning... the passenger side mirror is really only useful for the passenger. (It's the lower mounting location gives you a glass full of rollbar) But then again, the passenger appreciates looking behind, so it's not a bad thing, really.
I know you've got concern about the convex shape of the mirror... but it gets the job done, none the less.

The Ricochet Rock Sliders ($249 gray aluminum / $299 black aluminum) haven't really been tested, but it helps my feelings knowing they are down there. It took me about 10 mins to install. 40 torx head is required to drive the bolts... and I have a Mikita impact driver that cinched it all up tight !!! :)
I would recommend them if you are comfortable with the High Impact Plastic stock center skid plate.
I bought them because I didn't like the designs of the crossbar floorboard support.
That's odd, I can use the passenger side mirror just fine????

J

Jshell3

That's odd, I can use the passenger side mirror just fine????
Yeah? They can be twisted around the bar to mount different angles. There's a good chance if I worked at it, it wouldn't be an issue. But like I say, I'm not really concerned because the passenger gets a mirror.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

The Ricochet Rock Sliders ($249 gray aluminum / $299 black aluminum) haven't really been tested, but it helps my feelings knowing they are down there. It took me about 10 mins to install. 40 torx head is required to drive the bolts... and I have a Makita impact driver that cinched it all up tight !!! :)

I did have an issue with the convex, that's funny that you remember that. Well, for the price and being breakaway, and winter is coming...they shipped today from a place 2 hrs from here, $40.
I'm definitely peeping on those rock sliders, hadn't caught those on the forum until now. Little pricey but some black one's on the Serpent would be bad ass. Are they solid before install?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kolpins are a great mirror at a great price. You'll like them. After having used them for 6-700 miles, IMO, they work the best mounted low, fold in when struck by brush if you forget to bring them in on tight trails, never broken glass, and I think they look the best mounted low.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I did have an issue with the convex, that's funny that you remember that. Well, for the price and being breakaway, and winter is coming...they shipped today from a place 2 hrs from here, $40.
I'm definitely peeping on those rock sliders, hadn't caught those on the forum until now. Little pricey but some black one's on the Serpent would be bad ass. Are they solid before install?
BY solid u mean no drane hols?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!