BOX1

Multi Bluetooth Radio Set-up: Under $50

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to share a cheap idea that's worked out well for some cruising tunes. Not the FANCIEST speaker system in the world, but the price is right and it can be taken with me when I go fairly easily.

A couple of years ago I had purchased this Bluetooth speaker from Amazon and really liked it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K9NLCV8/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I have a weird thing for waterproof electronics- so I can say this unit has been extensively tested (dunked in a lake, rained on, even run through the washing machine on accident once)- its waterproof. The sound is the best I have heard in remotely close in price range (even after soaked and dried out), its uncomfortably loud at the highest setting and the battery life has been as good as advertised for the last couple of years. I've used a single speaker alone in the Pioneer on several trips with good results.

Last week they went on sale: $19.99 for the orange one (I had green but as it turns out I'm cheaper than I am stylish), so I picked up a second. Paired with this clamp that I got a hold of for my roof project:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765RFSMH/?tag=sxsweb24-20

....the speaker mounts right up (Pioneer 1000 roll cage). They have a standard camcorder mounting hole in the bottom...1/4-20 I believe? You can see I mounted the clamps behind the driver/passenger side, and then just spin the speakers on until they bottom out.

Pairing the speakers is super easy- just turn them both on and they link to each other automatically. Then pair your phone to the one with the *slower* blinking blue light and you're off to the races. With two together, they really don't need to be any louder than 50-60%, so they should last all day long.

Again, not the fanciest or loudest set up out there, but a quick and inexpensive way to get some tunes in the Pioneer. When you are done for the day, they can just be spun off the bolts and taken back to camp for charging/listening there.

IMG 20190113 163433357
IMG 20190113 163416494
IMG 20190113 163422045

Please excuse my temporary back up light hanging from the cage- I have several other projects I'm working on this winter :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Just wanted to share a cheap idea that's worked out well for some cruising tunes. Not the FANCIEST speaker system in the world, but the price is right and it can be taken with me when I go fairly easily.

A couple of years ago I had purchased this Bluetooth speaker from Amazon and really liked it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K9NLCV8/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I have a weird thing for waterproof electronics- so I can say this unit has been extensively tested (dunked in a lake, rained on, even run through the washing machine on accident once)- its waterproof. The sound is the best I have heard in remotely close in price range (even after soaked and dried out), its uncomfortably loud at the highest setting and the battery life has been as good as advertised for the last couple of years. I've used a single speaker alone in the Pioneer on several trips with good results.

Last week they went on sale: $19.99 for the orange one (I had green but as it turns out I'm cheaper than I am stylish), so I picked up a second. Paired with this clamp that I got a hold of for my roof project:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765RFSMH/?tag=sxsweb24-20

....the speaker mounts right up (Pioneer 1000 roll cage). They have a standard camcorder mounting hole in the bottom...1/4-20 I believe? You can see I mounted the clamps behind the driver/passenger side, and then just spin the speakers on until they bottom out.

Pairing the speakers is super easy- just turn them both on and they link to each other automatically. Then pair your phone to the one with the *slower* blinking blue light and you're off to the races. With two together, they really don't need to be any louder than 50-60%, so they should last all day long.

Again, not the fanciest or loudest set up out there, but a quick and inexpensive way to get some tunes in the Pioneer. When you are done for the day, they can just be spun off the bolts and taken back to camp for charging/listening there.

View attachment 102379 View attachment 102380 View attachment 102382

Please excuse my temporary back up light hanging from the cage- I have several other projects I'm working on this winter :)
Interesting. Can the battery be recharged with a USB? The unit is really small! How’s the bass if it has any? Can you really hear it rolling on the trail?

Reactions: sharp
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting. Can the battery be recharged with a USB? The unit is really small! How’s the bass if it has any? Can you really hear it rolling on the trail?

The speakers are recharged with a micro USB (supplied). They have a "bass speaker" on the rear of the unit. Don't get me wrong it's a passive base- this isn't a $600 soundbar, but it's enough base for me. I don't think it sounds pingy or tinny.

I always mashed the single unit in my center console when I was using it alone- volume was never an issue. I imagine with two behind our heads it will require even less volume. I started it up and just gave it a short go last night with a few revs and it sounded great. Can't beat it for money/easy of install.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The speakers are recharged with a micro USB (supplied). They have a "bass speaker" on the rear of the unit. Don't get me wrong it's a passive base- this isn't a $600 soundbar, but it's enough base for me. I don't think it sounds pingy or tinny.
Sorry for not knowing but what is a micro USB?

My $500.00 sound bar doesn’t even have good bass, can’t imagine how a $20.00 one even has any. Can you possibly post a video with it going?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A micro USB is probably what your phone charges with if you have an Android. A lot of small electronics use that to charge now. It's nice because if you do run out of battery on the trail, your phone charger can be plugged into the powerport on the pioneer and the speaker is "hard wired" to power.

Check out the picture below.
Ed1e4570 8ece 46cf 8e73 106f6600eb12 CB303372859

The small end of the chord is a "Micro" USB.

The larger end is a "Full size" USB if you will.

I'll try to grab a video tonight.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
A micro USB is probably what your phone charges with if you have an Android. A lot of small electronics use that to charge now. It's nice because if you do run out of battery on the trail, your phone charger can be plugged into the powerport on the pioneer and the speaker is "hard wired" to power.

Check out the picture below. View attachment 102400

Ok thanks. I don’t have an Android, but I can see that my iPhone charger will work which is what I was originally attempting to confirm. :cool:

Reactions: dnjones161
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

Check out the picture below. View attachment 102400

Great, much appreciated.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know how well these are going to showcase the audio quality. They sound better on my laptop than on my phone, but still not as good as out of the speakers. I don't know if I should chalk that up to poor recording with my phone, or poor audio on my phone...maybe both. At any rate just remember the audio is going to be limited by both my recording device and whatever you are listening through for what that's worth....

Start up of the system (literally just power the speakers on and they do the hard work for you):

and a couple of songs clips playing over the speakers:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I don't know how well these are going to showcase the audio quality. They sound better on my laptop than on my phone, but still not as good as out of the speakers. I don't know if I should chalk that up to poor recording with my phone, or poor audio on my phone...maybe both. At any rate just remember the audio is going to be limited by both my recording device and whatever you are listening through for what that's worth....

Start up of the system (literally just power the speakers on and they do the hard work for you):

and a couple of songs clips playing over the speakers:

Thank you.. yeah I believe I’ll stay with the sound bar..

Reactions: dnjones161
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!