P1000 Bogging down when starting?

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my first Pioneer, it’s a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5. On my first ride today when it would be under a load and I try to start real slow it seem to bog and the engine shutters a little. This was starting out in Low. Has anyone had any issues like this or is it normal?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds normal to me, mine does the same.

I just get in and go.

One disadvantage of the dct in the P1k is that it’s go or no go...there’s no feathering it or easing into it like you could do with a normal clutch. It’s literally on or off.

Reactions: JenElio
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds normal to me, mine does the same.

I just get in and go.

One disadvantage of the dct in the P1k is that it’s go or no go...there’s no feathering it or easing into it like you could do with a normal clutch. It’s literally on or off.
Thanks for the info. Thought it might be like that.

Reactions: Vikes79
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An update. On wet hard sand I tied off the pioneer locked up 4wd put it in L and at about 1200RPM it rolled all four tires with a little shuttering of the motor so I guess (like stated before) it’s normal. I was just worried it was bogging down. I’m happy with the pioneer just need to get use to that part.

Reactions: TripleB
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
it sounds normal to me also. You get used to hitting the throttle a little more and the shuttering goes away. Let the tires spin a little

I guess after dealing with the jumpy starting on my old ranger, the 1000-5 has seemed smooth to me. That thing waited to engage like crazy, especially in reverse.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!