Talon boiling yet ?

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
For The lucky few to own a talon do you think we will have a hot cockpit . I have baked in more than one brand of side by side the lure of the 2019 yxz rear radiator is appealing.would be nice to have both front and rear with valve preference .

Reactions: sharp
L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You're going to have to build that yourself. No manufacturer is going to design a front and rear radiator and rely on a know-nothing end user to decide how to divert the cooling to the engine.
Yes 2 rads is a fantasy but a comfortable cockpit shouldn’t be. A more air tight firewall should be standard

Reactions: Remington and sharp
H

Harding10

Apr 14, 2019
Calif
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ve only got 100 or so miles on the Talon but it’s not heated like the yxz- I have one so I’m very aware and worried initially. Honda seems to have diverted the airflow, I know it has more ventilation in the skid plate than the yxz as well.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I spent three hours today using black gorilla tape covering all the cabin holes and giant gaps. Taking out the seats and frames made this possible. I made sure I left drain holes where appropriate, in each area. It took about a fourth of a roll of tape. Hoping to reduce dust entry. I attached a photo showing an example of one area around the seat mount threads. 20190415 121351
While I was this deep into it, I also added some rubber damping sheet to the mounting of the voltage regulator, it was really loose in its "clamping" system.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I spent three hours today using black gorilla tape covering all the cabin holes and giant gaps. Taking out the seats and frames made this possible. I made sure I left drain holes where appropriate, in each area. It took about a fourth of a roll of tape. Hoping to reduce dust entry. I attached a photo showing an example of one area around the seat mount threads.View attachment 123216
While I was this deep into it, I also added some rubber damping sheet to the mounting of the voltage regulator, it was really loose in its "clamping" system.

Great Idea.. We run in the wet of spring and also the very dusty of summer... this is a great foresite..

P

Puller810

Apr 14, 2019
MICHIGAN
Ownership

1. Talon X
During low speed riding with a half windshield I can feel the hot air when the fan kicks on.
I seen a video of guys riding in one with a full windshield and rear window. 60 degrees out and they said it was hot in the cab. I hope that's not the case.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
During low speed riding with a half windshield I can feel the hot air when the fan kicks on.
I seen a video of guys riding in one with a full windshield and rear window. 60 degrees out and they said it was hot in the cab. I hope that's not the case.
Lower door panels may help along with the poly window vents open

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a full glass windshield now and plan on making a full rear glass window.
I will make some small adjustable side wing wind deflector and experiment with them to see if that will help the interior heat issue.

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I have a full glass windshield now and plan on making a full rear glass window.
I will make some small adjustable side wing wind deflector and experiment with them to see if that will help the interior heat issue.
We rode ours saturday. 68 deg 136 miles seems to be getting 20mpg the only heat I felt was in the shifter area we have honda low windshield.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
No windshield and the center console stays cool. My Yamaha YXZ gets really hot. I'm surprised Honda did such a good job on the keeping the heat out.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I only have 36 miles on mine so far, as I have been working on it adding accessories and mods.
But I have experienced the heat coming up the shifter area., and will address that soon.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I only have 36 miles on mine so far, as I have been working on it adding accessories and mods.
But I have experienced the heat coming up the shifter area., and will address that soon.
I took mine completely apart the shifter area and fabricated some rubber that goes over it and sliced a line through it that the shifter can follow as it works its way from gear to gear

Reactions: DRKnight
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Heat is almost a none issue. Not sure if the people who say they have excessive heat have the radiator fan wired backwards or what. Mine was wired backwards and I had the hood off to make sure the fan was working properly after the switch. The fan kicks on, for a few seconds you feel a little warm air then it dissipates. Believe me, riding in Michigan, I wish mine had a little more heat for most of the year.... There is Zero coming from behind or under the seat. Not covering up holes due to mud or dust, that is another story. Heat, non issue...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!