P1000 Boss Audio Sound Bar

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone running a boss audio sound bar? I have seen more about them and have ordered one. I was curious on how well the mount to bar with honda roof. I have the hard roof and wondering if there is enough "gap" between the sound bar clamps that allow room for the roof clamps? I have the 36" sounds bar coming.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the one I got for Christmas, I haven’t installed it yet, but looks like it will clamp on pretty easy. I have the OEM Honda hard top also but I think there is plenty of clearance between the roll bar and roof. Pics when you get it done.
DBC970D9 21A6 45C9 A88A 75B6D81501F6

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the one I got for Christmas, I haven’t installed it yet, but looks like it will clamp on pretty easy. I have the OEM Honda hard top also but I think there is plenty of clearance between the roll bar and roof. Pics when you get it done.
View attachment 247348
I have this one... Works for me... Loud enough I guess. I cut the cigarette plug off and wired to a simple on/off switch from the parts store.

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the photo. Do you like the idea of the bar set on the middle bar vs having the sound bar up front facing towards the rear of the vehicle?

Also wondering if you were to put your sound bar on the front Cage would you be able to straddle the clamps for the roof or are the roof clamps to big to fit the clearance between the speaker a cage?

Reactions: Lady01
Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 247348
Nice, I will post pictures this weekend. I am adding the extended vent lines, installing the sounds bar and replacing my half with a full windshield for the winter.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the photo. Do you like the idea of the bar set on the middle bar vs having the sound bar up front facing towards the rear of the vehicle?

Also wondering if you were to put your sound bar on the front Cage would you be able to straddle the clamps for the roof or are the roof clamps to big to fit the clearance between the speaker a cage?
I would rather have it in front, but my flip up windshield wouldn’t allow it... It would fit without the windshield.

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you hear it good when at speed?

I have the bigger version mounted in the middle facing forward. At trail speeds and lower rpm you can hear it well at moderate volume levels. When in sport mode or while cruising roads at higher speeds, it has to be turned up pretty loud. Plenty loud to use when machine is off and hanging out. EQ settings makes a big difference. Bluetooth works well and is not finicky at all when pairing or connecting.

I would recommend wiring in a switch if running directly to battery or to a circuit that is always on. It will draw while the machine is off.

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the bigger version mounted in the middle facing forward. At trail speeds and lower rpm you can hear it well at moderate volume levels. When in sport mode or while cruising roads at higher speeds, it has to be turned up pretty loud. Plenty loud to use when machine is off and hanging out. EQ settings makes a big difference. Bluetooth works well and is not finicky at all when pairing or connecting.

I would recommend wiring in a switch if running directly to battery or to a circuit that is always on. It will draw while the machine is off.
How did u wire yours in? Did u use the 12v male and female plugs that came with the speaker or did u cut off the male cigarette lighter plug and direct wire with switch and fuse?

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did u wire yours in? Did u use the 12v male and female plugs that came with the speaker or did u cut off the male cigarette lighter plug and direct wire with switch and fuse?

We used the existing line with the male/female direct to the battery, put a fuse right at the battery, and a switch on the dash. My brother was helping me and we discussed cutting the male lighter plug off, but then decided if something in our sweet wiring malfunctioned I could cut some zip ties, plug into the outlet and still have tunes. Approximately 3 seconds of hard thinking went into that decision.

M

mojo3055

Jan 7, 2021
georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
We used the existing line with the male/female direct to the battery, put a fuse right at the battery, and a switch on the dash. My brother was helping me and we discussed cutting the male lighter plug off, but then decided if something in our sweet wiring malfunctioned I could cut some zip ties, plug into the outlet and still have tunes. Approximately 3 seconds of hard thinking went into that decision.
did you have any issues with feedback from the alternator?

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Nice, only reason I ask is using the excising makes end and running along the cage only gets me to the front corner so I can not figure out where I want to connect the male and female as I’d really like it to be hidden and not in the roll cage somewhere.

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice, only reason I ask is using the excising makes end and running along the cage only gets me to the front corner so I can not figure out where I want to connect the male and female as I’d really like it to be hidden and not in the roll cage somewhere.

We put the male/female connection under the passenger seat, then ran our wires from there down and under the floorboard then up to the battery. I think there was some slack in the cord under the seat as well, possibly enough to get to the outlet if needed without completely undoing all the zip ties. It's been awhile.

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We put the male/female connection under the passenger seat, then ran our wires from there down and under the floorboard then up to the battery. I think there was some slack in the cord under the seat as well, possibly enough to get to the outlet if needed without completely undoing all the zip ties. It's been awhile.
Thanks. I was able to run along passenger side cage and back down and connect the male female under the plastic right where the wheel well, cage and hood all meet. Not sure how well I like that set up but it will do for now

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My “cigarette lighter” plug was coming apart and loosing connection. I cut it out and hard wired it...

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My “cigarette lighter” plug was coming apart and loosing connection. I cut it out and hard wired it...
which way did you route your wires? Just looking for options

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!