Talon Bouncy Throttle

PRF

PRF

Mar 31, 2019
New River, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have trouble holding steady with gas pedal on slow rocky trails. Has anyone found a fix or a tip to help prevent the bucking bronco syndrome!

Reactions: sharp
PRF

PRF

Mar 31, 2019
New River, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Heel on the floor side of foot against center firewall with pressure becomes natural after a bit
Thanks for reply.

I have tried to adapt as you described, does not seem to be getting any easier with time. I dont think better foot control will be the answer for me. I have driven many different machines over this type of terrain without this much throttle bucking. Other forums like the Jeep forum suggest heavier throttle spring but I cannot find a good place to add one.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have trouble holding steady with gas pedal on slow rocky trails. Has anyone found a fix or a tip to help prevent the bucking bronco syndrome!
If its anything like the pioneer, its part of the learning curve. Your foot has to get trained and use to it. It wont take long. Although ive never used one, I think some people use a throttle max to help. Keep riding!

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for reply.

I have tried to adapt as you described, does not seem to be getting any easier with time. I dont think better foot control will be the answer for me. I have driven many different machines over this type of terrain without this much throttle bucking. Other forums like the Jeep forum suggest heavier throttle spring but I cannot find a good place to add one.
I can break it in for you,fill the tank I’ll be right over

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I added a heel support to steady my foot.
Cut a piece of 1 X 2 lumber, 3" long , cut a 45 degree angle across the face and secured it to the floor with two screws.
Works great.
I've always thought that would work, now we need to make some out of poloyer!

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
20190418 163002

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For s***s and giggles what size hinge is that and would the same size hinge fit the pioneer 1000? I've got the throttle maxx on my pioneer and I love it. My buddy is too cheap to buy 1 and wants to go your route.
Yes and I will have to measure it. I got this one at HD or Lowes. I think it was the largest the carried. You could use same size for Pioneer.

Reactions: TripleB and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
8" gate hinge from Tractor Supply. Cut off part of the top then cut 1/2" split down middle. I had measurements wrote down at one time but can't find them now.

• Dislike
Reactions: Nogrey and TripleB
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
8" gate hinge from Tractor Supply. Cut off part of the top then cut 1/2" split down middle. I had measurements wrote down at one time but can't find them now.
The Talon gas peddle is a little different. The slot needs to be offset to the left a little.the piece I cut off the left side was welded to the right side to make a spot for the bolt holes.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The Talon gas peddle is a little different. The slot needs to be offset to the left a little.the piece I cut off the left side was welded to the right side to make a spot for the bolt holes.
And after all this time after seeing your hinge, I thought you Texans were just hinged differently! HA!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still wouldnt be hard at all to make. So easy a democrat could do it lmao

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!