Deer Camp with SWB.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went to my camp in MO. last week to bowhunt. I started bowhunting before bowhunting was cool. Back in '75 with a custom recurve bow, shooting instinctive, without sights. Finally got a compound bow and added sights ..... big difference. After Daddy died in '87 I gave up the bow. 3 yrs ago, my youngest son talked me back into bowhunting. Since I had no desire to put in the amount of required practice to be proficient, I choose the Xbow. It is truly deadly.

Last Friday, 3 does came out about 8am and feed around. About 8:30 doe & yearling came out about 15yds from me, but no desire to take the shot. After 10 min they walked within 10 yds of me, stopped, quartering away ....... and MADE me shoot her! Those Rage broadheads did their job!

I plan on going back next week for bow hunting and staying for the 11 day gun season if all goes well.

9526121e88e0e805d8f2470e1a913552

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
77b6c82c467dace7b89abe756fb1ce74

Last edited:
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went to my camp on MO. last week to bowhunt. I started bowhunting before bowhunting was cool. Back in '75 with a custom recurve bow, shooting instinctive, without sights. Finally got a compound bow and added sights ..... big difference. After Daddy died in '87 I gave up the bow. 3 yrs ago, my youngest son talked me back into bowhunting. Since I had no desire to put in the amount of required practice to be proficient, I choose the Xbow. It is truly deadly.

Last Friday, 3 does came out about 8am and feed around. About 8:30 doe & yearling came out about 15yds from me, but no desire to take the shot. After 10 min they walked within 10 yds of me, stopped, quartering away ....... and MADE me shoot her! Those Rage broadheads did their job!

I plan on going back next week for bow hunting and staying for the 11 day gun season if all goes well.
View attachment 231415View attachment 231416

We call yearlings "smackers", for two reasons. First reason is that is the sound the arrow or bolt makes when it hits and second is the sound I make while eating it. Mmmmmm

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
On our way out to the hunting grounds now. Figured we would try to catch them while it’s cold & little misty. 🦌😎

46C2F22B A503 47E1 8658 DE0C375D0892

Last edited:
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
I went to my camp in MO. last week to bowhunt. I started bowhunting before bowhunting was cool. Back in '75 with a custom recurve bow, shooting instinctive, without sights. Finally got a compound bow and added sights ..... big difference. After Daddy died in '87 I gave up the bow. 3 yrs ago, my youngest son talked me back into bowhunting. Since I had no desire to put in the amount of required practice to be proficient, I choose the Xbow. It is truly deadly.

View attachment 231416

View attachment 231417
I hate it when they commit suicide :p

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nice harve

View attachment 231416

View attachment 231417
Nice harvest! I got into bow hunting in my early 50's, it was a learning curve for sure, I've harvested my fare share of deer and one day I just quit hunting, these days the lure is drawing me back to the woods, armed with my camera, instead of my bow. It finally hit me it wasn't the harvest, it was getting close enough to harvest with a bow that tripped my trigger. I don't have any feelings towards anyone that hunts. I just like crawling around in the woods, thats what trips my trigger! When you learn how to move like wildlife, you have become one sneaky SOB. I got obsessive about sent control, even installed a bidet to wash the private parts before leaving the house in our new home, I would calculate the temp and how far I had to walk to my stand, to keep from getting hot and sweating. It got pretty crazy, I could tell you all the other stuff I did for sent control, but I think you have my drift. HA!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!