BOX1

Brake pads

C

coleman4868

The service guy at our local Honda dealer told my talon owning buddy that the brake pads(break pads for you facebookers) on his talon are different from side to side. Meaning the right side won’t fit the left side /vice versa and have different part numbers. He said both front and rear are like that. Is that true?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes.
But the only difference is the side the metal squealer is on. So of course they will be different part's.
Many Aftermarket pads don't have the squealer so this is not an issue.

I am unsure if the squealer will fit on the outside pad spot. If it will then you are good for either side fitment.
If it doesn't, just "brake" it off. Lol

Last edited:
C

coleman4868

Yes.
But the only difference is the side the metal squealer is on. So of course they will be different part's.
Many Aftermarket pads don't have the squealer so this is not an issue.

I am unsure if the squealer will fit on the outside pad spot. It it will then you are good for either side fitment.
If it doesn't, just "brake" it off. Lol
The way the service guy was talking gave us the impression they were two different sizes.

Reactions: Hondasxs
C

coleman4868

No. Not side to side.

Front and back. Yes.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
He said left wouldn’t fit right and vice versa. Lol, I guess he was trying hard to get the $145 per axle. I bought a set from Amazon for like $35, for all 4 wheels for my pioneer. According to that, they fit pioneer 1000 and talon 1000.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!