P1000 Brand new 1000-5 leaking oil

T

TheFinePrint

Mar 26, 2021
NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi folks,
I took delivery of a brand new 2021 1000-5 the other day and after a couple brief drives it’s leaking oil out of the rear differential. It appears to be coming out of the seal where the driveshaft enters the diff. I read a bunch of posts on here - looks like this issue is not too uncommon and not difficult to fix, and obviously in my case it’ll be covered under warranty, but it’s a bummer for sure.

Is there anything else I should be looking for or worried about since the machine is brand new? I checked the vent line and the oil definitely isn’t coming out of that - if it’s clogged it came clogged - in my few brief drives I haven’t had it in more than a few inches of mud & water.
Anyway - advice is welcome, but I guess I’m mostly looking for sympathy :)

attaching a pic of what it looks like.
Cheers

E6F78C9B C6C2 4571 A94A 8FB958763F9A

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi folks,
I took delivery of a brand new 2021 1000-5 the other day and after a couple brief drives it’s leaking oil out of the rear differential. It appears to be coming out of the seal where the driveshaft enters the diff. I read a bunch of posts on here - looks like this issue is not too uncommon and not difficult to fix, and obviously in my case it’ll be covered under warranty, but it’s a bummer for sure.

Is there anything else I should be looking for or worried about since the machine is brand new? I checked the vent line and the oil definitely isn’t coming out of that - if it’s clogged it came clogged - in my few brief drives I haven’t had it in more than a few inches of mud & water.
Anyway - advice is welcome, but I guess I’m mostly looking for sympathy :)

attaching a pic of what it looks like.
Cheers

View attachment 264782
Welcome from south FL

Can you see where the leak originated, or could it be oil that was spilled at dealership? On the plus side........its got oil!😂 some people have reported having received their machines without fluids.
Also maybe check the oil levels....might have been overfilled.

Good luck !!!

Last edited:
T

TheFinePrint

Mar 26, 2021
NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I was hoping it was just residual spilled oil from the dealership but I cleaned it up last night and left it stationary overnight with a paper towel under the driveshaft flange in the picture and the towel has a big oil stain on it, so that’s definitely where it’s leaking. If it was overfilled I’d expect it to spit out of the vent line, not blow the seal, no? Either way - the seal is compromised and needs to be replaced. 😭

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked to make sure the vent lines are clear? If not it could be pressurizing the differential. Disclosure, I don't even own one yet, just a retired mechanical engineer......

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With it being that new I would take to the dealer and say fix it or I will burn you building and they should get to it fast 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JenElio and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!