P500 Broke right front axle help!

Elmo7mm

Elmo7mm

Feb 9, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
I was riding my brand new p500 today and broke the right front axle. Is this common and how to replace and where to buy. Seams like it really shouldn't have broke. Broke in 4x4 reverse. Looked like it just popped out but was also broke. Anyone had this happen?

20200301 162113

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was riding my brand new p500 today and broke the right front axle. Is this common and how to replace and where to buy. Seams like it really shouldn't have broke. Broke in 4x4 reverse. Looked like it just popped out but was also broke. Anyone had this happen?

View attachment 187506
You’ve probably set the record breaking one in the least amount of time. I’ve seen P5’s ride Royal Blue and Windrock without breaking one. Interesting for sure.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 187506
You can order parts from Rocky Mountain Atv. I think this video will get you most of the info you need. Good luck and welcome to the club.

T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
By looking at the picture, the angle of the wheel indictates you may have broken a tie rod first, which then caused the C/V to pop apart from turning too sharp. I am sure the rack and pinion and tie rods are supplied to Honda from an outside supplier an assumed to be free from defects when Honda installs them. With the P500 being new any decent dealer should pick it up and repair under warrenty.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey, you may see if they will warranty the axle. My buddy just bought a Rubicon about 6 or 8 months ago, and he broke one of his axles within the first few months of owning it, and when he brought it in for maintenance they replaced the axle for free. I would never think they would warranty a c.v. axle, but they dang sure did it for his Rubicon. Its worth a try. Welcome by the way. The red P5s are the coolest that get the most chicks. 😉

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, you may see if they will warranty the axle. My buddy just bought a Rubicon about 6 or 8 months ago, and he broke one of his axles within the first few months of owning it, and when he brought it in for maintenance they replaced the axle for free. I would never think they would warranty a c.v. axle, but they dang sure did it for his Rubicon. Its worth a try. Welcome by the way. The red P5s are the coolest that get the most chicks. 😉
That’s how you get all of the ladies? I’m selling the 1000-5 tomorrow! 😂

Elmo7mm

Elmo7mm

Feb 9, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
You’ve probably set the record breaking one in the least amount of time. I’ve seen P5’s ride Royal Blue and Windrock without breaking one. Interesting for sure.
I wasnt in any thing rough. Just backing in 4wd and it snapped. Gonna see if the will warranty it. I bought extended warranty that's supposed to cover axles.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
No problem with tie rods. Axle popped out on that side. The cage is busted on back of wheel side. I popped it back in and drove home on 2wd no issues.
Either it's something funky with the camera angle, or something is bent/broken/shifted in the steering. No way the RF wheel turns that far when things are right.

Elmo7mm

Elmo7mm

Feb 9, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
Either it's something funky with the camera angle, or something is bent/broken/shifted in the steering. No way the RF wheel turns that far when things are right.
Well I'm telling you it did. I had to kick the tire back forward and them reinstalled the end of shaft back in the cage and drove it 2 miles to my house. I think these things are junk. Never had an issue with over 5 brand new honda atvs and this think breaks in nothing....has me worried it junk.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I'm telling you it did. I had to kick the tire back forward and them reinstalled the end of shaft back in the cage and drove it 2 miles to my house. I think these things are junk. Never had an issue with over 5 brand new honda atvs and this think breaks in nothing....has me worried it junk.
We can see that it did. What we're saying is that it's not supposed to. No CV can take that much angle without breaking. You have other problems.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Well Elmo , I think you're right . It's junk . I'll give you 2000.00 for it and have it picked up just to be nice and get the mess out of sight for you .
o_O

Elmo7mm

Elmo7mm

Feb 9, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah even with no axle in the hub the wheel would never turn that far with everything else in its proper place.
What could have caused this to happen? You can see where it happened, it only has been rode around my house. Less than 30 miles on it and I wouldn't put in anything rough hell I'm 52 old and slow is how I ride this thing.

Elmo7mm

Elmo7mm

Feb 9, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
Well Elmo , I think you're right . It's junk . I'll give you 2000.00 for it and have it picked up just to be nice and get the mess out of sight for you .
o_O
This has to be a defective part because this thing has been babied.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!