Broken ankle surgery

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well a lot have asked so instead of muddying up another post. I was doing nothing cool, jumping on a diving board to do a back flip and did the first little jump and right leg just collapsed and I fell in the water. Immediately knew something was wrong. We were at our farm and visiting in laws so I just sat it out the rest of the weekend and tried to keep it elevated and iced. Went to urgent care when got back home because it still hurt and I didn’t know what was wrong. Dr there said broke in at least one place and referred me to a orthopedic surgeon. Got the call the next day and appt on Thursday to see surgeon. Nurse let me know before I came in to be prepared to discuss surgery when I arrived. Dr showed me it was broken in 2 places and the bones we displaced. Surgery required. I then told him I thought it was the Achilles and he said nah I doubt it, been doing this 30 years and never seen this type of break and an Achilles tear. Told me to lay down and he would check though, then proceeded to say “hmmm......... well I guess your the first.” He referred me to another surgeon who could repair both problems. Fast forward to today and I had surgery at 9:30am. 2 screws and a tendon fusion. Luckily I got a nerve block so I haven’t felt any pain yet. As of 12:30am my whole right leg is still numb. I’m sure it’s coming soon though. Going to be a long road to recovery but glad the surgery is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Wishing you a speedy recovery Man

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that's crazy heal well don't push

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m glad to hear surgery went well. Wishing you a full and quick recovery.

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good luck, its a b**** getting old! Time for you to get one of those chairs that rock, and an arp card!
Glad surgery went well, be careful especially with the Achilles tendon. Take your time and rehab it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, shattered my heel in 7 places a few decades ago, not fun, but healed up just fine. The biggest PITA was crutches while continuing to work.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Worst pain I’ve ever had was yesterday when that nerve block wore off. Today is way better so far. Surgeon told me probably 5 months to be unrestricted again. He told me 1-2 years to be back where I was before the accident though. I’m so tired of laying in bed watching tv. Ugh!

JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dude. Sorry. I wish you WERE doing something cool when it happened.

A diving board caused me a calf muscle injury couple years ago...
Apparently I've become older and fatter than I'm willing to concede to.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I broke two bones in my ankle and had compartment syndrome in leg. 3yrs and 5 surgeries later my ankle is fused. Back at work pretty normal but ankles are a b**** to heal so it takes a long time. Hang in there and don’t over do it. Be careful when do get back in Honda

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Well a lot have asked so instead of muddying up another post. I was doing nothing cool, jumping on a diving board to do a back flip and did the first little jump and right leg just collapsed and I fell in the water. Immediately knew something was wrong. We were at our farm and visiting in laws so I just sat it out the rest of the weekend and tried to keep it elevated and iced. Went to urgent care when got back home because it still hurt and I didn’t know what was wrong. Dr there said broke in at least one place and referred me to a orthopedic surgeon. Got the call the next day and appt on Thursday to see surgeon. Nurse let me know before I came in to be prepared to discuss surgery when I arrived. Dr showed me it was broken in 2 places and the bones we displaced. Surgery required. I then told him I thought it was the Achilles and he said nah I doubt it, been doing this 30 years and never seen this type of break and an Achilles tear. Told me to lay down and he would check though, then proceeded to say “hmmm......... well I guess your the first.” He referred me to another surgeon who could repair both problems. Fast forward to today and I had surgery at 9:30am. 2 screws and a tendon fusion. Luckily I got a nerve block so I haven’t felt any pain yet. As of 12:30am my whole right leg is still numb. I’m sure it’s coming soon though. Going to be a long road to recovery but glad the surgery is over.

So what do we learn from this boys and girls? Sit in a damn chair and drink beer, crap like this won't happen.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!