Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
And now I know what WOTF means thanks to the WOTF!
For old f*ckers like me, it used to be WOTL - wisdom of the list. That was back before discussion FORUMS became a (popular) thing and we pretty much did the same thing using email distribution LISTS. No threading or searching (unless you saved all your email), but it's all we had back in the 90s and early 00s. Good times, good times.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Bolt kit ordered from the Club Store and my bro is lined up to knock this out.

Too bad I didn't order the bolt kit 2 days ago when I ordered the Hillbilly Brake or @Hondasxs could have shipped them together. The latter item is delivering today. Doh!

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have the Bolt Kit ordered from the club store (nice kit)

Last night:
Installed a bolt on (may weld soon) in upper gusset last night and i'm not sure the two will play well with each other.

Question: is anyone using the club store bolt kit with welded or bolted in gussets?

I want these front a arm tabs and surrounding frame as strong as possible. it's probably the weakest design on this machine with the heat management a close second.

IMG 8582

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Last night:
Installed a bolt (may weld soon) in upper gusset last night and i'm not sure the two will play well with each other.

Question: is anyone using the club store bolt kit with welded or bolted in gussets?

I want these front a arm tabs and surrounding frame as strong as possible. it's probably the weakest design on this machine with the heat management a close second.
I have my tabs doubled up to be thicker and I have the kit from the store with the weld washers. I also got custom made bushings and sleeves from RB3 and I'm running 12mm upper a-arms bolts instead of the stock 10.

You can see how thick the tabs are compared to stock plus the gusset into the bumper mount. Also note the bottom a-arms pivots all have gussets and welded washers
PXL 20230718 221738993

PXL 20230719 005526240

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Last night:
Installed a bolt (may weld soon) in upper gusset last night and i'm not sure the two will play well with each other.

View attachment 401737
The idiots that welded my washers in just welded the washers on without the bolts installed, thus bolts are in a bind.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The idiots that welded my washers in just welded the washers on without the bolts installed, thus bolts are in a bind.
I definitely recommend having both the bolt and a-arms sleeve in place for welding. They don't have to be torqued but they should be there to maintain the width of the a-arms tabs and the alignment of the holes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!