P1000 broken counter-balancer, factory defect?

jaybyrd

jaybyrd

Feb 23, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've read there was a recall or product update for engine damage due to counter-balancer breaking on a small # of units based on vin #, any truth to this?

jaybyrd

jaybyrd

Feb 23, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one on facebook a few days ago was not mine but I bought a machine with similar damage. Dealership found some water in the intake system and blamed it on hydrolock but I believe it may have been the balancer. The original owner claimed he was on a gravel road when it happened.

Reactions: JTW
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
The one on facebook a few days ago was not mine but I bought a machine with similar damage. Dealership found some water in the intake system and blamed it on hydrolock but I believe it may have been the balancer. The original owner claimed he was on a gravel road when it happened.

That's why I won't buy used in these things. Not to sound stuck up or anything but these things are designed to be ran hard and taken places that can cause damage if driven incorrectly and it seems people beat the crap out of them and then trade them in if they caused or think they caused to much damage. It's kinda the same way with full sized trucks people push them to hard and right when stuff starts to brake they trade them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!