Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well I bit the bullet and ordered some bucket seats. Rzr 1000's to be exact. Researched the hell out of everything available until it was giving me headaches. I've looked at every size, style and price. From $100 go cart seats to $1500 Simpsons. PRP, Beard, Corbeau, Kirkey, NRG, 50 Caliber, Braum...I know more about bucket seats now that I ever thought I would. Settled on these for a few reasons. One is that they're two piece fastened together with a bracket. This will help with the install and also facilitates water and mud draining off the seat into the space between them. High end seats that are one piece have a vent type thing built into them for this, the cheap ones don't. Size was another, most are just too damn big for a P5 and even these aren't small. Have read through the forum on anyone who's done this mod and it always ends with they move you forward and up. Jay Man made a video of it and at the end of the thread said he was going to do something about that issue, haven't heard from him since. Well I intend to do whatever is needed to avoid that issue, I want to move back and down so it probably won't be a quick install. Might take some cutting of things that I don't really want to cut but probably will never go back to the bench seat anyway. Will probably have to modify the Trigger Shield and build a new console. Considered Chooglin's console but that's made to ride above the bench, not in between buckets, I should end up with a longer and deeper console but we'll see what I'm left with after they're put in. They also make seat covers for these that are BA, options for different colors of materials, panels and thread. They're not cheap but even all in will be cheaper than a lot of aftermarket seats.
Anyway, figured I'd start the thread with this and then take you guys along for the journey. I don't mind spending a few bucks if it means turning out the way I want it to and might save someone else the trouble of trial and error if they decide to follow. Kind of looking forward to this one as I don't have to disassemble half the machine to do it.
Btw, this is it and then I'm done. :D

Rzr Seats

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@trigger I wish you luck on the conversion. You know I did it 4 years ago (Didn't seem like that long ago but was May 2015). Probably works ok for someone under 5'8" and under 180 lbs. But my big ole ass felt like I was driving a forklift and ended up taking them out. They were comfortable once you were in them but if you needed to get in and out several times a day it became a PITA for a person my size. But they looked cool :cool:

20150912 132204

20150912 132124

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I bit the bullet and ordered some bucket seats. Rzr 1000's to be exact. Researched the hell out of everything available until it was giving me headaches. I've looked at every size, style and price. From $100 go cart seats to $1500 Simpsons. PRP, Beard, Corbeau, Kirkey, NRG, 50 Caliber, Braum...I know more about bucket seats now that I ever thought I would. Settled on these for a few reasons. One is that they're two piece fastened together with a bracket. This will help with the install and also facilitates water and mud draining off the seat into the space between them. High end seats that are one piece have a vent type thing built into them for this, the cheap ones don't. Size was another, most are just too damn big for a P5 and even these aren't small. Have read through the forum on anyone who's done this mod and it always ends with they move you forward and up. Jay Man made a video of it and at the end of the thread said he was going to do something about that issue, haven't heard from him since. Well I intend to do whatever is needed to avoid that issue, I want to move back and down so it probably won't be a quick install. Might take some cutting of things that I don't really want to cut but probably will never go back to the bench seat anyway. Will probably have to modify the Trigger Shield and build a new console. Considered Chooglin's console but that's made to ride above the bench, not in between buckets, I should end up with a longer and deeper console but we'll see what I'm left with after they're put in. They also make seat covers for these that are BA, options for different colors of materials, panels and thread. They're not cheap but even all in will be cheaper than a lot of aftermarket seats.
Anyway, figured I'd start the thread with this and then take you guys along for the journey. I don't mind spending a few bucks if it means turning out the way I want it to and might save someone else the trouble of trial and error if they decide to follow. Kind of looking forward to this one as I don't have to disassemble half the machine to do it.

View attachment 136466
You say there not cheep! So.....how much?

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger I wish you luck on the conversion. You know I did it 4 years ago (Didn't seem like that long ago but was May 2015). Probably works ok for someone under 5'8" and under 180 lbs. But my big ole ass felt like I was driving a forklift and ended up taking them out. They were comfortable once you were in them but if you needed to get in and out several times a day it became a PITA for a person my size. But they looked cool :cool:

View attachment 136511

View attachment 136513

Yeah, I remember reading through that thread several times and actually revisited it just the other day. The look of those Beards in your machine has stuck with me since the first time I saw it, BA! I was looking forward to seeing it in person at last years Takeover too but didn't know you had taken them out. Well I'm not under 5'8" or 180 lbs so that's a little disconcerting. Being two piece I'm hoping it gives me a little more options on placement. Thanks for the wish of luck, I think I'm going to need it.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 136466
Have we not heard this remark before??? Sure you are....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have we not heard this remark before??? Sure you are....

The only other ideas I've had are a glass windshield and build full doors. They're just ideas though and I have no intention to act on them, maybe someday. Anything else would be drastically altering the machine and I might as well buy something else at that point.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Seats showed up today. The ad said they were used but had a note that said even if seats are installed in a machine and then taken right back out they are considered used. I was hoping for a set that weren't all rusty and stitches unraveling. Sure enough, these things are brand new! I mean they've probably sat in a warehouse for a bit but they haven't been ridden at all.
Just sat them in there to get a look at things, there's room for a console and I've got some ideas already. Had the brackets under them so they were sitting pretty high. Bought two pcs of 1/4" aluminum 2'x2', DAMN that sh**'s expensive!

Seats Seats 1

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

View attachment 136511

View attachment 136513
Those seats look very plush! I bet they were comfortable! Nice work @JACKAL :cool:

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Seats showed up today. The ad said they were used but had a note that said even if seats are installed in a machine and then taken right back out they are considered used. I was hoping for a set that weren't all rusty and stitches unraveling. Sure enough, these things are brand new! I mean they've probably sat in a warehouse for a bit but they haven't been ridden at all.
Just sat them in there to get a look at things, there's room for a console and I've got some ideas already. Had the brackets under them so they were sitting pretty high. Bought two pcs of 1/4" aluminum 2'x2', DAMN that sh**'s expensive!

View attachment 138076 View attachment 138077
Looks good ...keep us posted with a lot of pictures on your installation....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put the driver's side in today and the front of the seat ends up being about 1 1/4" higher than stock but the back is only up a little. You do feel like your sitting a little higher but going any lower wasn't an option with this seat. I was able to push it back though by notching into the plastics, keeping set angles on the new seat I was able to push it all the way back to where the factory headrest used to be. I'm able to get in and out without noticing much difference really. It is a more comfortable seat though, lumbar support, better angle, and the bolstered sides hug you in. Feels cushier.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @trigger, the Popo seats have a fairly flexible frame.
The frame adds to the comfort of the seat as the seat back is not stiff when your body slams in to it.
Something to consider when mounting, allow some space for the back to move or add a cushion for it to stop against.

You might consider bolting a seat down to something solid and testing how much movment you need.
Food for thought.

Personally I was considering what parts of the seat frame / ROPS might need to be re-located to allow the seat to fit where I want it.
The cross bracing behind the bench seat back needs to tip out of the way to the rear - sacrificing cargo space.
I like the idea of the Talon seats but I can see the supply of RZR seats is pretty good. (Seat cover is a great idea to remove the embroiderd name)
But I need to pick a seat first before I get serious about cutting metal.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!