Building an Emergency kit what tools and other items do you suggest.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I feel nekkid without a spare. ☺ I've replaced the tube on the side of the trail for decades on the trail bike and don't want to mess with that again. Due to bad planning I'll have both the FactoryUTV spare mount and the Dirt Road Fab bed extender with spare option - I'll try both and decide which suits my style. If the FUTV spare is above the roof line, it's out - I have less than 2" clearance into the garage and I don't want the Talon sitting outside rotting in the sun.

In my defense, it wasn't really bad planning. I had intended on being in Arizona, March through whenever the heat got there and needed a spare rack that wouldn't interfere with my storage box access, FUTV was the only game in town, the DRF wasn't available for the 2 seater yet. Well, Covid killed the AZ trip, DRF got the extender done for the 2 seater and I wanted a bed extender, a Rotopax mount and a spare that would fit in the garage, all of which the DRF unit provides (and it's in transit AFAIK). Another advantage to the rear mounted spare, it makes the Talon suspension work better according to Shock Therapy.

Short version - I ride solo and I'm doing it with a spare. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!