Talon Bumpers- Steel vs Aluminum

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I will be getting a Talon R, would you get steel or aluminum bumpers? Do you think that the aluminum will hold up?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
No idea, but I ordered the aluminum front with mine. Just to save weight.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would order the aluminum to save weight,rust proof, and it should be trouble free. Hopefully you won't need it!

Reactions: GPR1500SC
H

HondaTech

I haven't seen an aluminum bumper in person, though I think we do have them coming.

A couple of the reviewers said they were unfinished aluminum, so could look nasty if harsh chemicals are used or not cleaned properly. Think dirtbike frames, may need a scuff with a scotch bright pad occasionally.

If I were getting a Green R model that's the way i'd go for color matching.

N

Neilsjoshn

Aug 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed the aluminum front and rear I really like the way they look.

41d0c3ffc99bd22a341031ea7e4f98fe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
See if I can't revive this thread almost a year later. How does everyone like their factory bumpers? I don't think they are priced terribly bad(my dealer will knock 20% off of MSRP). I am leaning towards the steel bumpers because I ride typically in the woods on old 4 wheeler trails so I need the protection from trees. I like the wrap around design on the head lights of the steel front bumper and the fact that the steel rear bars come out a little further to protect the tail lights. I slid down a hill and pushed a tail light loose and let me tell ya those three push pins behind the roll bar are a son of a b**** to get back in!!!

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
See if I can't revive this thread almost a year later. How does everyone like their factory bumpers? I don't think they are priced terribly bad(my dealer will knock 20% off of MSRP). I am leaning towards the steel bumpers because I ride typically in the woods on old 4 wheeler trails so I need the protection from trees. I like the wrap around design on the head lights of the steel front bumper and the fact that the steel rear bars come out a little further to protect the tail lights. I slid down a hill and pushed a tail light loose and let me tell ya those three push pins behind the roll bar are a son of a b**** to get back in!!!
I got the Honda steel and really like them but when I got them Honda was all that was available. I would look at HMF if I was buying again because you can get them with a reciever.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got the Honda steel and really like them but when I got them Honda was all that was available. I would look at HMF if I was buying again because you can get them with a reciever. View attachment 194201
Nice buggy! I bought OEM as well, even bought an OEM rear bumper recently, there not heavy duty, but weight was a big factor in my decision, so I bought the Honda S x S club stores back up light kit, so maybe I can see trees when I back up and don't need the bumper very often???? HA!

Reactions: Isaiah
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice buggy! I bought OEM as well, even bought an OEM rear bumper recently, there not heavy duty, but weight was a big factor in my decision, so I bought the Honda S x S club stores back up light kit, so maybe I can see trees when I back up and don't need the bumper very often???? HA!
I gave Honda my checkbook. I have rear pods but still can't see much, thinking about adding a backup camera so I can see.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!