Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just wondering who’s doing what to get the Talon. What percentage of us are going to move on the beast.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can you add “f*** you drunkard” to the polling choices?
My suggestion would be treat it like a dirt bike, no 1am excursions. Pioneer is more fun for that anyways

Reactions: JTW, BWAF and TimG
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So has anyone changed their mind after seeing specs and watching it run?

Reactions: BWAF

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, underpowered, under suspended and will be overpriced until the initial “take my money” crowd has had their fill.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I could see wanting to own both a Talon and a Pioneer because they are for totally different uses. I would think anyone getting rid of a Pioneer to purchase a Talon is still searching for what it is they want to do

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. I’ve owned them all and the Talon is only going to reach a niche market of Honda faithful that have held out for a Sport SXS. The specs just aren’t there for anyone west of the Rockies, where the majority of the sport demographic reside.

*disclaimer* I know it’s a Honda site and people won’t like what I say.

Last edited:
slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I could see wanting to own both a Talon and a Pioneer because they are for totally different uses. I would think anyone getting rid of a Pioneer to purchase a Talon is still searching for what it is they want to do

I personally agree. I purchased a pioneer to fill my Jeep needs (after selling my Jeep). The pioneer worked until I went to royal Blue and saw all the RZR’s. I was left wanting more...I went as far as going to Abernathy’s to trade in the pioneer, but was saddened by the trade offer....then came the Talon. Start with Honda, stay with Honda!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok...have that feeling again that I had before I pulled the trigger on the Deluxe, switched from undecided to soonest opportunity! Still have to keep the BEAST for the family, so it may be a while! Unless...:oops:...oh hell why not...

FOR SALE BY OWNER...

One slightly damaged liver from alcohol consumption may consider selling a lung also if the price is right...hardly used:cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok...have that feeling again that I had before I pulled the trigger on the Deluxe, switched from undecided to soonest opportunity! Still have to keep the BEAST for the family, so it may be a while! Unless...:oops:...oh hell why not...

FOR SALE BY OWNER...

One slightly damaged liver from alcohol consumption may consider selling a lung also if the price is right...hardly used:cool:
Omg that was awesome:)

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. I’ve owned them all and the Talon is only going to reach a niche market of Honda faithful that have held out for a Sport SXS. The specs just aren’t there for anyone west of the Rockies, where the majority of the sport demographic reside.

*disclaimer* I know it’s a Honda site and people won’t like what I say.

When dirt trax (who has not much good to say about Honda ever) did their review yesterday Luke said it’s the most excited he has been for a sxs in a decade (after seeing it). He also said the fit and finish and (theoretical) execution is the best of any sxs ever built... when Polaris faithful start saying things like that, maybe you should just wait to make your preconceived notions...

I’m not buying one. At least no time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When dirt trax (who has not much good to say about Honda ever) did their review yesterday Luke said it’s the most excited he has been for a sxs in a decade (after seeing it). He also said the fit and finish and (theoretical) execution is the best of any sxs ever built... when Polaris faithful start saying things like that, maybe you should just wait to make your preconceived notions...

I’m not buying one. At least no time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What had Honda done in the last 15yrs to get excited about?

Their sport bikes are middle of the road, until ‘17 their CR-F line was underpowered with a confused chassis and the ATV line is so stagnant that I had forgotten they still made them. Their introduction into the UTV world, Big Red, was one of the worlds largest flops.
The only thing they’ve built that was remotely interesting is the Pioneer line with the 1k getting a bad rep from the get go over the clutch problems.

I can see why no one has said good things about a Honda for some time, I know I hadn’t until I bought my Pioneer this year. While it’s a good product, Honda could have thrown in 10 more hp/ft.lbs and maybe given it a shock that’s better than what was produced in 1985 without forcing us to buy the $19k LE.

It fits my needs better than anything available but they left a lot on the table for the MSRP.

J

JTW

What had Honda done in the last 15yrs to get excited about?

Their sport bikes are middle of the road, until ‘17 their CR-F line was underpowered with a confused chassis and the ATV line is so stagnant that I had forgotten they still made them. Their introduction into the UTV world, Big Red, was one of the worlds largest flops.
The only thing they’ve built that was remotely interesting is the Pioneer line with the 1k getting a bad rep from the get go over the clutch problems.

I can see why no one has said good things about a Honda for some time, I know I hadn’t until I bought my Pioneer this year. While it’s a good product, Honda could have thrown in 10 more hp/ft.lbs and maybe given it a shock that’s better than what was produced in 1985 without forcing us to buy the $19k LE.

It fits my needs better than anything available but they left a lot on the table for the MSRP.
You can buy Fox shocks for $1400

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

FOR SALE BY OWNER...

Always with the drama, you can get $35k for a kidney, that will dress a Talon out nice. Now find a whine o and you can have a pair of them, just need the right clinic. ;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Always with the drama, you can get $35k for a kidney, that will dress a Talon out nice. Now find a whine o and you can have a pair of them, just need the right clinic. ;)
$35,000 for a kidney you sayo_O I chose the wrong damn organ:mad:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!