BOX1

Talon Buying SXS

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We have been SXS shopping for a few months now, narrowed it to two different models, Talon R or the Wildcat XX.

Have driven the XX fairly hard and wife and I were impressed. We have only driven the Talon in the parking lot with a field drive later this week. I do have a question about the Talon clutches.

When the Talon shifts it seemed like the clutch activation was very loud. Is this normal or will it quieten down with use?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have been SXS shopping for a few months now, narrowed it to two different models, Talon R or the Wildcat XX.

Have driven the XX fairly hard and wife and I were impressed. We have only driven the Talon in the parking lot with a field drive later this week. I do have a question about the Talon clutches.

When the Talon shifts it seemed like the clutch activation was very loud. Is this normal or will it quieten down with use?

Welcome, just for clarification the clutch is silent it’s the shift solenoid that you hear, the solenoid quietens down with miles. It’s perfectly normal. For someone coming from a belt where you’re not used to gears it sounds LOUD but for me I don’t notice it till I ride with someone who has a belt then it’s weird because I don’t hear it.

Obviously the more it shifts the fewer the miles it will take to quieten down, so it may take 1000 or better in the desert or maybe only 100 or so in the tighter trails. Usually gets significantly quieter after 100 mile service.

Textron has lawsuits filed against them right now for their business practices, they have struggled a LOT the last 4-5 years. I encourage you to do more research into them before you commit to their product.

D

Deleted member 3748

Since you're already looking at the Wildcat XX, you should check out Bass Pro Shops and get the exact same machine branded as Tracker for a few thousand less.

ATVs - Side by Sides - TRACKER OFF ROAD

Reactions: JTW
D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well to be honest the XX we drove was the tracker XTR100, I just used XX because it is the same machine just not as well known. This was one of my reasons for considering it, you would also have the backing of Bass Pro.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you're already looking at the Wildcat XX, you should check out Bass Pro Shops and get the exact same machine branded as Tracker for a few thousand less.

ATVs - Side by Sides - TRACKER OFF ROAD

NO HAGGLE NO HASSLE™ NATIONAL PRICE
$17,999 USD
Plus Freight:

West Zone $525 • East Zone $450

IF they stick to the above price, I am pretty sure you can get much better deals on an R or X Talon.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NO HAGGLE NO HASSLE™ NATIONAL PRICE
$17,999 USD
Plus Freight:

West Zone $525 • East Zone $450

IF they stick to the above price, I am pretty sure you can get much better deals on an R or X Talon.

Brookhaven Honda is advertising the R for 17,200

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
I have owned and ridden rzr and x3’s, and the only non turbo machine I’d buy is the talon. The xx has some great engineering ideas (double shear suspension and the steering rack and the massive trailing arms), but the rear bounces like a pogo stick and the engine sounds like a lawn mower at 9k rpm’s. It needs some help. Go with the talon imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TripleB
D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We decided on the Honda. I’m leaning towards the R due to the extra width, should be more stable with a better ride, 20 years or so ago we enjoyed riding dirt roads at night. The TRX250R and LT 500 were both loads of fun at this.
If anyone has both or have ridden both I would like your comments over the multiple videos we have watched.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Brought the Talon R home Monday the 28. It’s been flooding since then, still is. I really wanted the wife to drive it around the place before the trip this weekend.
Congratulations.......Did you buy it in nowheresville or go to Brookhaven? :D:cool:

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The thriving metropolis of Laurel, they had 2020 for same price plus they are much closer. Several people recommenced them. No extras we are going to wait and see what other people use this weekend. Easier to make decisions when you can see and touch them on the vehicle. Really the only thing I want is the nerf bars. I think that is just I always had them on 4wheelers.

Reactions: Montecresto
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
The thriving metropolis of Laurel, they had 2020 for same price plus they are much closer. Several people recommenced them. No extras we are going to wait and see what other people use this weekend. Easier to make decisions when you can see and touch them on the vehicle. Really the only thing I want is the nerf bars. I think that is just I always had them on 4wheelers.
A arm guards to protect the rubber boots. The seat belts tighten a little with every bump. Harnesses are a lot more comfortable. And safer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!