P700 Buying! What accessories do I need?

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi Folks,

I'm an expectant Pioneer 700-4 owner, definitely decided this is the s x s for me and my wife and grand kids, but it will also be used for trailering up to the wilds of Northern Wisconsin and Michigan for bird hunting in the fall and exploring new out-of-the-way fishing spots. Can you folks recommend what accessories I'm going to absolutely need for this kind of duty? So far thinking front and rear bumpers, the half roof and the rear soft roof. What do you think I'll be wanting if I stop there?

Thanks!

Dave

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the group! You'll love this place or hate it because it will make you spend too much.

I would recommend checking out the "garage" section so you look at other peoples builds.

Sent from my iPad 7G

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to the group! You'll love this place or hate it because it will make you spend too much.

I would recommend checking out the "garage" section so you look at other peoples builds.

Sent from my iPad 7G
Thanks!

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What do you figure is th ebesat value when it comes to a windshield? Should I get the flip?

Thanks!

Dave

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
When you say "out of the way places", then I want to recommend things like winch, spare tire, and a jack. Sounds like you're off to a good start though. Welcome to the club!

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When you say "out of the way places", then I want to recommend things like winch, spare tire, and a jack. Sounds like you're off to a good start though. Welcome to the club!

Hmmm...hadn't thought about the survival type accessories. Thanks for the advice!

Dave

Reactions: Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I believe super ATV has a good one. I've got the Honda hard coat and really like it.

If you want a single live piece and not a tip out, a glass would be the best option.

Sent from my iPad 7G

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I believe super ATV has a good one. I've got the Honda hard coat and really like it.

If you want a single live piece and not a tip out, a glass would be the best option.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Tip-out seems like it would be the best option to let the great outdoors in. Thanks!

Dave

Reactions: joeymt33
BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY

May 4, 2015
What do you figure is th ebesat value when it comes to a windshield? Should I get the flip?

Thanks!

Dave
I made my own windshield, I didn't want to spend what they want for one. If I was going to buy one I would probably look at a flip type so I could get some airflow during the hot summer. JMO

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
I went with the full hard top, mirror, winch and storage bag that mounts to the roll cage behind the seat, storage seems to be an issue for smaller stuff. I will try it without the windshield for now but by fall, gets pretty cold up in northern Ontario as I'm sure you are aware of, I will be looking for something. I'm thinking that I will want some ventilation during the summer months and will want the two piece. Does anyone find the two piece blocks your vision at the split at all? Just courious.

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went with the full hard top, mirror, winch and storage bag that mounts to the roll cage behind the seat, storage seems to be an issue for smaller stuff. I will try it without the windshield for now but by fall, gets pretty cold up in northern Ontario as I'm sure you are aware of, I will be looking for something. I'm thinking that I will want some ventilation during the summer months and will want the two piece. Does anyone find the two piece blocks your vision at the split at all? Just courious.

Thanks for the input.
Does Honda offer its own winch?
Did you get it or some other type?

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the input.
Does Honda offer its own winch?
Did you get it or some other type?

I went with the warn winch kit from the Honda dealer they include mounting plates and run $937.90 but I had a $260.00 rebate and a $500 accessory credit. Again the the Canadian dollar exchange rate is a killer. Lol. Oh and they did include the installation.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn

I purchased the 2 piece from SuperATV because I wanted the lower half for summer and full windshield for the cold winter air & rain. To answer your question yes the 2 piece does obstruct your view going down hill and cresting the hill and rattles when pulling hill's. It has a groove where the 2 pieces meet. Honda windshields do also on the 700 & 1000, but i feel that the trade off is worth it. It gets very hot with the roof on and the full windshield on. Mines a 2 piece and my buddies 1000 has the honda tilt out, both views are the same and both rattle. If the tilt wasn't $100 more I would've purchased it.

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
I purchased the 2 piece from SuperATV because I wanted the lower half for summer and full windshield for the cold winter air & rain. To answer your question yes the 2 piece does obstruct your view going down hill and cresting the hill and rattles when pulling hill's. It has a groove where the 2 pieces meet. Honda windshields do also on the 700 & 1000, but i feel that the trade off is worth it. It gets very hot with the roof on and the full windshield on. Mines a 2 piece and my buddies 1000 has the honda tilt out, both views are the same and both rattle. If the tilt wasn't $100 more I would've purchased it.

Thanks, I'll have to check out Super ATV and see what they've got. Thanks again.

D

DaveMull

Jun 7, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Forgive my newbie ignorance, but the two piece doesn't adjust to let air in--you just remove the top half? Sounds like the full tilt-out would definitely be better if that's the case. Thank you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!