California, Nevada or Oregon trail riding

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone getting together this fall to do some trail riding in California, Nevada or Oregon? Would be nice to get a group together and do some riding. See and learn new places, ride and hang out. Anyone up for putting one together? I have put a couple together for a small group here in Northern California.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone getting together this fall to do some trail riding in California, Nevada or Oregon? Would be nice to get a group together and do some riding. See and learn new places, ride and hang out. Anyone up for putting one together? I have put a couple together for a small group here in Northern California.
I guess not.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Was out riding last Sunday in Northern California on a road I haven't been on in awhile. I guess trees out here "only" fall across the roads.
IMG 20220123 125117005
IMG 20220123 133849164

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Was out riding last Sunday in Northern California on a road I haven't been on in awhile. I guess trees out here "only" fall across the roads.View attachment 317111View attachment 317112
I know that counrty/state is not big on clear or select cutting there state and Federal lands as forest maint. Reason for alot of those falling dead trees and fires. at least you brought a chain saw! Clear em out!

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I know that counrty/state is not big on clear or select cutting there state and Federal lands as forest maint. Reason for alot of those falling dead trees and fires. at least you brought a chain saw! Clear em out!
They have made a 180 on cutting and thinning the forests now since all these fires we have been having. I kept saying......need to log and thin some trees. Now its happing.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
One of the main reasons these oak trees are falling is due to the "Sudden death oak syndrome" that has hit this area.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If in Oregon, one area of great consideration is Tillamook National Forest and Brown’s Camp. There are many fun OHV trails there. Get a map, the trails are rated easy, moderate, difficult and very difficult .

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And there will the Arizona Peace Trail ride coming up in October 2022. There’s a link here somewhere on it.
I wonder if I can couple that with the next “Big Sandy Machinegun Shoot “ near Kingman Az in October..? Is there a trail size limit?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if I can couple that with the next “Big Sandy Machinegun Shoot “ near Kingman Az in October..? Is there a trail size limit?
Pretty much anything from motorcycles to big SUV’s can run most of the trail. I’m sure that some portions of the trail would require increased clearance and other side trails might be too narrow.

Reactions: FJC 79
T

Trouthunter

Mar 4, 2022
Eastern Sierras California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello from the Eastern Sierras here. Just got my 1000 5 LE, and looking to do some exploring around here, going to the forest service info center tomorrow to look into some trails. I will let you know what I find.
Info center was pretty informative, I came home with pamphlets from 2 state ohv areas, a couple maps of Inyo county, and some info on off highway/ licensed vehicle shared roads.

Reactions: lowranger
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Info center was pretty informative, I came home with pamphlets from 2 state ohv areas, a couple maps of Inyo county, and some info on off highway/ licensed vehicle shared roads.
Welcome from Southern Arizona. I’m sure that you’ll find some great riding areas.

Reactions: FJC 79
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did find anything in the National Forest?

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello from the Eastern Sierras here. Just got my 1000 5 LE, and looking to do some exploring around here, going to the forest service info center tomorrow to look into some trails. I will let you know what I find.
What town are you in or close to in the Eastern Sierras?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!