BOX1

P700 Camber issues, see pic

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I own a 2016 700-4, I have owned it for a year and bought it with about 100 hours on it for a great price. Other than getting used to the chatter in the rear axles (solved by heavily greasing the splines) it has needed nothing. After about 4 weeks of ownership I noticed that the camber on the passenger side is about 1.25” in at the top of the tire. I then noticed the mounting brackets welded to the frame for the upper control arm had rust showing through the paint. The paint appeared to be cracked like when you bend painted metal. I wire wheeled the welds and they are not cracked but my only conclusion is that somehow the machine took a hit in the front end even though the frame or control arm is not visibly bent. The machine tracks straight and is not wearing tires. Has anybody had any experience with this? Anybody know of a company that makes adjustable control arms for the 700?

Pioneer camber

Reactions: Isaiah
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Several have had those welds break over the years. Some from hitting things...others claim to have been "just riding", though we know it's hard to get the truth sometimes. And they do have a rep for being a bit weak.
But...if it's staying put and looks ok, I don't think I'd worry about it too much.

I can tell you right now, after owning my 2nd 700, that the quality control on these is s***. My dump bed is probably an inch off center, and only one of the stops in the down position even contacts. The tape says it's simply not welded on straight. The latches were also not at all inline until I bent them. I wouldn't be surprised if your camber was always that far off. Remember when fit and finish used to be Honda's strong suit?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CID
Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have have two beg red 250 three wheelers on our family farm property since they were new, very well put together as well as a rancher. The big reds only ever needed their starters rebuilt and a new key switch. Fit and finish perfect on them. my concern is if i do a 2" lift will this get worse?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What does the camber look like on the drivers side?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Only one thing to do.

Arched A-arms.

Seriously, if you don't ride the roads much, I wouldn't do anything. New A-arms should fix it but, last I knew they were $700-$800.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update, over the past few weeks I have done a shock spacer lift and then found and installed some front commander xt shocks. The spacer lift almost evened out the camber issue, when I removed the lifted stock shocks and installed the commander shocks the camber on the opposite side is now out at the top of the tire and the other side is now perfect. this leads me to believe that the top frame bars where the A-Arms attack is somehow out of wack towards the drivers side. But its how she will have to stay. It still tracks straight....might have been this way from the factory..very weird!

Reactions: CID and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!