Camera mounts??

gauspohl4305

gauspohl4305

Supporting Member
Aug 25, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looking at purchasing a SJCAM, was wondering what kind of mounts people were using. Looking for ones that help keep the footage smooth. New to the SXS game so any links/pictures would be very helpful. Thanks

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm interested in this too. A couple of points, make sure any camera has image stabilization, a must have IMO. Gimbal mounts are affordable now and may also be mandatory. I don't have one yet but they might damp too much movement, ruining the whole moving vehicle concept. I haven't tried 'hard mounting' my video camera to the Talon yet, I've been very happy with the helmet mount footage so far. The problem with that is it's only one viewpoint, I want to include the front and rear suspension action occasionally.

This is footage with the camera mounted on the side of my helmet, over my right ear. It makes me feel like I'm right there. At 10:06 I learn that I have better framing with the visor up one notch. I'm using the original Virb which has been discontinued, too bad, I really like the camera.

Both helmet mounts, the top one for motorcycling is too high in the Talon and films too much roof. The side mount is what I used for the video.
I KbChV8M L

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Image stabilization is dependent on the camera and not so much on the mount. We use the PanaVise mount. Best I have used and have had several.

Here's some footage. We use the GoPro Hero7 black camera.

Thanks, I was looking for a variable sized ROPS mount. 👍

About your video - the Talon is moving separately from the camera, image stabilization won't do that (I think) - so how was the camera mounted for that video? Photo? The movement is similar to my helmet mount, again - I think. 🤔

That's some beautiful riding, something I'd love - not the 'bend yer s***' stuff I see so often.

Reactions: Iowamike
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks, I was looking for a variable sized ROPS mount. 👍

About your video - the Talon is moving separately from the camera, image stabilization won't do that (I think) - so how was the camera mounted for that video? Photo? The movement is similar to my helmet mount, again - I think. 🤔

That's some beautiful riding, something I'd love - not the 'bend yer s***' stuff I see so often.

Thanks. We are blessed to have many gorgeous places to ride within an hour's drive of our home. The GoPro is moving with the Talon. It is mounted on the PanaVise mount on the cage A pillar.

IMG 2080 3

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Image stabilization is dependent on the camera and not so much on the mount. We use the PanaVise mount. Best I have used and have had several.

Here's some footage. We use the GoPro Hero7 black camera.

Local retail is in trouble: clicked on 'buy now' yesterday and Amazon just dropped it off. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: TerryH and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!