Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got a buddy that had one for about a year. He really didn't like it. A lot of cab heat and not a good ride. He now owns a maverick and really likes it. Your buddy should really consider an original Rspec. About the same money and a very comfortable ride. Also I think can-am makes an offordable toned down X3.

J

JTW

I got a buddy that had one for about a year. He really didn't like it. A lot of cab heat and not a good ride. He now owns a maverick and really likes it. Your buddy should really consider an original Rspec. About the same money and a very comfortable ride. Also I think can-am makes an offordable toned down X3.
I’ve suggested the wolverine several times... but he’s gunna do what he wants, regardless.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
570 was arguably Polaris’ best engine so it had that going for it. I’ll be a nicer ride then that though. I second Choogsbro, too bad you couldn’t talk him into something a little more bulletproof, I know you would if you could though

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
A

atcfisherman

Sep 8, 2018
Baytown, Texas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Other Brand
I don't know about that particular machine, but I have a 2016 Can Am Outlander 650 Max with power steering and it has been in the shop for breaks 4x, the digital display went out 1 year after purchase, the suspension squeaks a lot. It's extremely powerful and comfortable, but not reliable. I'll be going back to a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki after this one.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know about that particular machine, but I have a 2016 Can Am Outlander 650 Max with power steering and it has been in the shop for breaks 4x, the digital display went out 1 year after purchase, the suspension squeaks a lot. It's extremely powerful and comfortable, but not reliable. I'll be going back to a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki after this one.

exactly they are about the same as Polaris, they have power and looks but lack so much of the engineering of not overheating people, squeaking constantly, wearing out parts, mine broke a cv cage and boot too in the first year. back to jap I went they know how to make a machine you can do anything to, easy to maintain, try doing an oil change on it takes about 4 times as long as any of the jap machines. anything does

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2014 Commander 800 XT and love it. No cab heat problems, but a guy I know has the 1000 and is always complaining a lot about cab heat, seems the 1000 puts out a lot more heat than the 800, and my 800 has plenty of power, usually more than I need. With 28" Tensor Regulator radials, my 800 Commander will do 74 mph. on the highway, straight as an arrow and smooth as silk. And is a beast on trails or climbing, a great machine. I call it my side by side sports car.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
J

JTW

I have a 2014 Commander 800 XT and love it. No cab heat problems, but a guy I know has the 1000 and is always complaining a lot about cab heat, seems the 1000 puts out a lot more heat than the 800, and my 800 has plenty of power, usually more than I need. With 28" Tensor Regulator radials, my 800 Commander will do 74 mph. on the highway, straight as an arrow and smooth as silk. And is a beast on trails or climbing, a great machine. I call it my side by side sports car.
Good to know I’ll forward him this..

Reactions: Arizona