BOX1

P700 Cleaning Issues

P

Prairie

May 29, 2017
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Note in the Owner's Manual (P. 174) it cautions against using high pressure air or water to clean and says just use garden hose or things might get damaged. Now I know you have to be very careful with pressure washer; you can peal paint off a vehicle with the narrow tips. But what about a low pressure, maybe one step up from garden hose? And I love my air compressor and use it all the time - on everything. I know it pays to be careful, but seems odd that a machine as tough as a S x S UTV has a warning against high air pressure. Looking for thoughts/advice/experience with this issue.

thanks.

keith

Reactions: sharp
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I don't think honda was worried about peeling the paint off when they put that in the book. They don't want you using any thing over normal household pressure because they don't risk water getting pushed beyond rubber seals into bearings/ electronics. Personally I dont have the need use a psi washer, i just use the garden hose and castrol super clean when I do bother to wash it.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just use pressure washer and keep wide spraying tip no closer than 1 foot away...Be gentle you'll be fine.....

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would rinse with a garden hose and nozzle to get major mud off, staying away from seals and electronics. Wash it with a soft brush and mild soap. Then rinse with water. After that go back on the trail and get it muddy again.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 4404 Get the big clumps off then use this

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!