BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know it's not a toy hauler, but I was originally looking for a toy hauler and ended up going this route. Figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there just in case it was an option for you too.

Saved a bunch of money this route too. Bought the new 2018 Jayco 264bh for $14500 included a brake controller and fancy hitch installed. And I bought the 16' flat trailer brand new custom built to my drawing for $1400. Couple hundred in wood and brackets for railing and that's it. Storing the trailer there saves me a bunch in fuel traveling back and forth with only the flat trailer.
So you live in MO not in Colorado anymore seems like cloud 9 is fairly close to me I'm over by Joplin

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah, I guess I should change that now haha. I lived in Colorado for the last 10 years, last 7 on Vail CO working as a state trooper. I moved back home to IL and now work for department of corrections. Joplin is very close. C9R is a 4.5 hour drive for me, but in the summer we are there every other weekend. My wife and kids are there now. Sometimes we will go down on the weekend and then I come back to work for the week while they stay, then I go back the next weekend. My brothers wife and kids will stay also while we carpool back and forth.

It is an awesome place. Me and my brothers grew up going there since we were born. Over 6000 acres of trails. Horse boarding, they have a resturant, gas station, general store, 6 camp grounds, church, 2 pools, etc, all on the ranch property.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wouldn't trade the mountains for Illinois no matter how much you paid me. But I understand home is home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah, I guess I should change that now haha. I lived in Colorado for the last 10 years, last 7 on Vail CO working as a state trooper. I moved back home to IL and now work for department of corrections. Joplin is very close. C9R is a 4.5 hour drive for me, but in the summer we are there every other weekend. My wife and kids are there now. Sometimes we will go down on the weekend and then I come back to work for the week while they stay, then I go back the next weekend. My brothers wife and kids will stay also while we carpool back and forth.

It is an awesome place. Me and my brothers grew up going there since we were born. Over 6000 acres of trails. Horse boarding, they have a resturant, gas station, general store, 6 camp grounds, church, 2 pools, etc, all on the ranch property.
I've heard it's pretty cool and pretty pricy too didn't they just have an open weekend ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure about the open weekend. It is around $1000 for a membership (but you can usually find one for $500, sometimes less, from a private seller) and then $46.20 a month in dues. I pay $125 a year for a permanent spot in a storage compound for the camper. Annual sticker for the sxs is like $40 I think, not sure exactly? But that is basically it. 30 days on a pad with full hook ups a year is included. After that it is like $2 a day or something dumb. You can bring guests on the ranch with you. They can rent a trailer or cabin or bring theirs for like $35 a night for the pad fee. It adds up I guess, but if say worth it hands down. It is private land, so much less rules. No state or fed laws (at least not enforced), no helmets if you don't want, beer in the cup holder, ride at 2 am if you want or all night long.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't trade the mountains for Illinois no matter how much you paid me. But I understand home is home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hear ya. Colorado will always be my home at heart. But you know the saying, something like home is where your family is... now that I have kids I wanted them to grow up with all their cousins and stuff, and since I couldn't get my brothers to move, I had to move back. Working in colorado kinda ruined it anyway. Now i can go back once a year for a backpacking trip and actually enjoy it. I could ride my pioneer right out of mt garage in vail and straight into public lands, rarely did though because work and life.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure about the open weekend. It is around $1000 for a membership (but you can usually find one for $500, sometimes less, from a private seller) and then $46.20 a month in dues. I pay $125 a year for a permanent spot in a storage compound for the camper. Annual sticker for the sxs is like $40 I think, not sure exactly? But that is basically it. 30 days on a pad with full hook ups a year is included. After that it is like $2 a day or something dumb. You can bring guests on the ranch with you. They can rent a trailer or cabin or bring theirs for like $35 a night for the pad fee. It adds up I guess, but if say worth it hands down. It is private land, so much less rules. No state or fed laws (at least not enforced), no helmets if you don't want, beer in the cup holder, ride at 2 am if you want or all night long.
I always hear that place can get pretty rowdy on the weekends but I have wanted hear from someone that goes there a lot. I like that it has stuff for the family to do other than riding... cause some can only handle so much you know.

J

JTW

I always hear that place can get pretty rowdy on the weekends but I have wanted hear from someone that goes there a lot. I like that it has stuff for the family to do other than riding... cause some can only handle so much you know.
It’s a shame we don’t know a member real well....

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Handsome and bearded?

Yes I have been, No I have not been since I was a member. People say it can get crazy but I was there on halloween and it wasn't to crazy for me kids running around having fun and some crazy bon fires with no kids. Me and my buddy climbed the bonfire and almost burnt alive and at 4 am I went up honda, yamaha and Kawasaki without ever seeing it ( I think yamaha was the most extreme.) Its a cool place I look forward to getting all my stuff moved up there and discovering the hardest trails.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I have been, No I have not been since I was a member. People say it can get crazy but I was there on halloween and it wasn't to crazy for me kids running around having fun and some crazy bon fires with no kids. Me and my buddy climbed the bonfire and almost burnt alive and at 4 am I went up honda, yamaha and Kawasaki without ever seeing it ( I think yamaha was the most extreme.) Its a cool place I look forward to getting all my stuff moved up there and discovering the hardest trails.

You joined Cloud 9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been for months just haven't gone yet
Been waitin for an invite...poor ol Glock...nobody ever thinks about him....
Eeyore 3

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When we going. I heard it’s a s*** show like Khan. I’ll go up and try it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair - I heard that from you lol that they had a permanent lifeflight pad there

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!