DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bought my 500 a few months back from a dealer in central KY. It seemed to be in good shape. Always curious to the history...even though you may not always want to know.

Mines all muddy and covered in sawdust from working the past few weeks, so i gave it a wash...and i noticed something i hadn't before: The outline of a former memorial decal placed on the hood that read (ironically, considering what weekend it is)...

"IN LOVING MEMORY
<EAGLE OUTLINE> DAD
11/20/42 - 04/08/2015
Daniel Fickiesen"

Google came up with this...
Raymond Daniel Fickiesen

Looks like my unit spent time in Ohio (no surprise, since its not very far away). Some FB'ing of the kids showed they are SxS/ATV peeps (including a P1000-5), but no sign of the 500.

Kinda cool having a bit of the backstory...

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That is cool. While remodeling the house I opened up a wall that had a couple's names and wedding date written in the plaster from the 60's. Did some research and turns out she was deceased but he was still alive and in the area. Tried calling him and left a message on someone's phone, never got a reply. Would be kinda cool when you're in your 80's to have someone send you a pic of something you wrote so long ago.

Btw, when I got my machine the first sticker I put on it was a distressed Jeep star in the center of the hood. I've changed stickers there multiple times now but when the machine gets covered in the moon dust that silhouette still bleeds through.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!