P1000m5 Clutch recall...

PropsR4Boats

PropsR4Boats

Sep 10, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a quick update on this. It took 3 weeks but Honda has came through on fixing this for me. Now while it’s apart. Any thoughts on adding the talon reverse gears?

Reactions: Mudwing and Biteme
H

HondaTech

Just a quick update on this. It took 3 weeks but Honda has came through on fixing this for me. Now while it’s apart. Any thoughts on adding the talon reverse gears?

The sub trans won't be apart for the clutch issue.

Reactions: Biteme
R

rickoshea

i had a recall notice on my foot pedals.i took it in,they said according to the vin it was already done but after they inspected them it was apparent it wasn't.the dealer adjusted my cables and swapped them out anyway.i bought it new and i think the original dealer maybe did something shady.who knows? they covered it,i'm happy.

PropsR4Boats

PropsR4Boats

Sep 10, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The sub trans won't be apart for the clutch issue.

I realize that. However if I can get a lower reverse gear that is easier on the clutch id like to do it. As long as there are no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's one of those things I would change if I was in there. If the cover wasn't updated prob was the issue. Not the reverse gear.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!