P1000 Clutch slipping service bulletin

J

Juniorsamples

Jun 6, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am a newbie to the forum and to the pioneer family but have owned Honda's for several years. My question is about the service bulletin for the slipping clutch. When I scheduled my appointment the service manager said to let him know if it started slipping in first gear or at all be cause he would have to order more parts to fix the slipping problem. Should I just tell him it is slipping so they replace all the parts now? My machine only has 32 miles on it and should be close to 100 miles by the time it goes in for the work to be done. It is a p1 3.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a newbie to the forum and to the pioneer family but have owned Honda's for several years. My question is about the service bulletin for the slipping clutch. When I scheduled my appointment the service manager said to let him know if it started slipping in first gear or at all be cause he would have to order more parts to fix the slipping problem. Should I just tell him it is slipping so they replace all the parts now? My machine only has 32 miles on it and should be close to 100 miles by the time it goes in for the work to be done. It is a p1 3.
I would say no cause if they put a new one in they won't do it later if you drive it like you stole it, let them do the update but if it's not sipping leave it alone then you can say must be from before !

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What year is yours?

I say no too, wait, it may never slip.
But talk to your dealer. It will be less troublesome to do it before it slips then after.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!