boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Congrats...wish the dealer that has mine for the last 3 1/2 weeks was as efficient. Dropped mine off the day after Thanksgiving, they are saying it needs both clutches, waiting on Honda.

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats...wish the dealer that has mine for the last 3 1/2 weeks was as efficient. Dropped mine off the day after Thanksgiving, they are saying it needs both clutches, waiting on Honda.
sorry to hear that maybe it will be right after that mine shifts so much better like night and day.
Good luck!

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I honestly couldn’t tell a whole lot of difference in shifting. Might take off from a stop a little smoother, maybe.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are yall finding the clutch UPDATE to be on backorder? Or is the dealer just dicking around?
I'm waiting for one as well. been almost 2 months.

Reactions: Bones and JACKAL
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I honestly couldn’t tell a whole lot of difference in shifting. Might take off from a stop a little smoother, maybe.
I had the clutch update done when I took it in for the first oil change service. Besides the gear shifting sound being a little quieter maybe, which is probably just from the oil change, I couldn't tell a difference in how it drove. It seemed to have a good solid jerk on clutch engagement when I first got it and it still drives the same way from the best I can tell.

But, I don't get to drive it for 4-5 weeks at a time due to working on the road... if I was in it more often, I might have been able to tell a difference. :confused:

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
they had the clutch parts but heat shield was on back order.

S

samson7x

Dec 4, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had the updates done before taking delivery and was told that Honda wouldn't have anymore available until February. FWIW, it only took them half a day to do mine.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
I had the updates done before taking delivery and was told that Honda wouldn't have anymore available until February. FWIW, it only took them half a day to do mine.

I sure hope that's not correct.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Let the good times roll and the fun begin!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mudwing
Chuffer

Chuffer

Dec 20, 2015
Ross, Ohio
Are yall finding the clutch UPDATE to be on backorder? Or is the dealer just dicking around?
I had mine done right after Halloween and it only took my dealer a week to get clutch update and cabin comfort parts in.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my dealer and he said bring it in. That was 12 yesterday. Picked up at 4 today. Theres a very noticeable difference in mine. Not near as jumpy , and no shudder. I crawled up my ramps at 1 mph, smooth as silk. Also at 2000 miles my clutches looked brand new they said.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

Of all the people on this site you would think they wouldn't jerk you around.
At a minimum they should have some low level goober watching out for you.
Moron is probably out on vacation or something.

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
I called my dealer and he said bring it in. That was 12 yesterday. Picked up at 4 today. Theres a very noticeable difference in mine. Not near as jumpy , and no shudder. I crawled up my ramps at 1 mph, smooth as silk. Also at 2000 miles my clutches looked brand new they said.
They did mine in 5 hours.
That's great seens to shift better.

Reactions: Plumber32
R

Rbt

Dec 18, 2017
South
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! They only took 3 1/2 weeks for mine here in Pelham Al. It does shift better. I now know why the guy loaded on the trailer for me, got it home and unloaded it from the trailer, took it out of turf mode to test the the other modes. I then sighed a relief as I went through the modes to find out it will not go back into turf mode when I finished. 1 hour away, I think I will try to adjust it myself can't handle 3 1/2 weeks again.

Have you guys noticed the lack of good service and honesty that is prevalent everywhere? I remember as a child watching my Grandfather deal honestly with the public, taking care of customers. Those are the parts of the good ole days I miss.

Good day Gentleman and Merry Christmas

Reactions: Bones and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! They only took 3 1/2 weeks for mine here in Pelham Al. It does shift better. I now know why the guy loaded on the trailer for me, got it home and unloaded it from the trailer, took it out of turf mode to test the the other modes. I then sighed a relief as I went through the modes to find out it will not go back into turf mode when I finished. 1 hour away, I think I will try to adjust it myself can't handle 3 1/2 weeks again.

Have you guys noticed the lack of good service and honesty that is prevalent everywhere? I remember as a child watching my Grandfather deal honestly with the public, taking care of customers. Those are the parts of the good ole days I miss.

Halls?

mike48

mike48

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
kingsland ga
Ownership

1. 700-4

Good luck!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!