BOX1

P1000 Code 29

R

RogerD

May 6, 2018
Hurricane wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there any other possibilities for code 29 besides the connector and the iacv 2018 1000-5? I have replaced the valve and I am still coding. I am still under warranty but dealer is an hour half away. I hate to cut wiring and have it void warranty if that still doesn’t fix it.

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

After you replaced the part does the code blink or is it just stored in memory?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you replace the connector also?
There are reports of wires breaking at the head.

H

HondaTech

So the ecm is seeing an issue immediately when it checks the system.

I assume you installed the o-ring on the new valve and aligned the slot in with the throttle body?

Does the IACV make noise when you turn the key on and if you remove it from the throttle body does the valve move when the key is cycled.

It seems you may have wiring issue instead. Usually those valves get stuck and cause a high idle, that's been the only failure of them I've seen in the past. But I've never seen it on a Pioneer, its usually on Rincons.

R

RogerD

May 6, 2018
Hurricane wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The o ring came installed on the new valve. At first I did not install it in the pin, I just unplugged and replaced. I quickly found out that wasn’t right when I started it. I reached out to a friend with a manual who set me straight with that. I then had a high low random idle. I took valve back out and adjusted it down more to where original was. It did much better but I am still getting a blinking code. So I am guessing Chances are it’s the connector then, I will break out an ohm meter and see what happens and order the connector kit.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, Wires break right at the head. Usually inside the wire insulation.
More info and we also have the connector in the store.

Reactions: TripleB
R

RogerD

May 6, 2018
Hurricane wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all for helping me. I found a wire almost broke through. Looked good looking down on it but you could see the copper strands when the connector was rolled over.

7EDD0450 E52A 41E5 8602 47D820FC127C

R

RogerD

May 6, 2018
Hurricane wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anybody that is reading this in the future, when I put the new iacv in which turns out I didn’t need but I was afraid of cutting into the wiring while still under warranty to replace the connector. I understood the valve was to be lightly bottomed out when installed. I didn’t have luck with that it idled high then low. I had to spin the valve out several turns and reinstall before it acted normal. I also did not realize that these things idle as high as they do. 1300 rpms give or take.

Reactions: JTH
T

thomasfolsom

Sep 10, 2018
Adel ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I currently have broken wires at the iacv. In your picture could you list the wire colors? Mine are completely out and am lost on position of the y/b and y/g. It looks like your y/b is the one that was broken, correct?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!