TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is no code reader like a car's OBDII reader, is there?

You must count the long and short flashes on the dash.
Longs are tens and shorts are ones.
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and wrhii
H

HondaTech

There are some options out there but none that I've found for offroad stuff.

Most of the tools will only read on road product and then your at the mercy of the manufacturer of the tool to update for new models.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Power Vision claims to be able to display dtc's on whatever vehicle it's married to.

Reactions: Lady01
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes

Honda has a fairly simple way of doing this with the DCT (diagnostic trouble code) part# 070PZ-ZY30100. Its just a plug with a jumper on the end of it. You can read and clear all stored codes. It comes up on the gauge cluster. The stealerships use the same $9 tool.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda has a fairly simple way of doing this with the DCT (diagnostic trouble code) part# 070PZ-ZY30100. Its just a plug with a jumper on the end of it. You can read and clear all stored codes. It comes up on the gauge cluster. The stealerships use the same $9 tool.
Interesting. Thank you

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Interesting. Thank you

Sorry @TxDoc I thought you were aware of this. Simple paper clip or jumper wire. If the 1000 is like the others, You don't get the sub code like you would with a "scanner", but it still gives you a place to start.

H

HondaTech

We only use that if the unit isn't MCS or HDS compatible. Which nowadays will only happen on older (pre 2004) units. And some older ones had a 2 pin connector to short instead of the current 4 or 6 pin.

The MCS let's you do much more than read and erase codes though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We only use that if the unit isn't MCS or HDS compatible. Which nowadays will only happen on older (pre 2004) units. And some older ones had a 2 pin connector to short instead of the current 4 or 6 pin.

Thr MCS let's you so much more than read and erase codes though.
I learned something new. I appreciate the information on anything I haven't seen before

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The MCS let's you do much more than read and erase codes though.
What is the cost of a MCS ?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!