Cold weather jacket

Z

Zigblazer

Dec 28, 2021
NE MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have suggestions for a cheaper cold weather jacket? My oldest daughter is 12, and able to ride on public trails now. I haven't done much winter riding since I was about 20. Everything has been just around home. Now we have the Pioneer. I have a couple older polaris snowmobiles, one she has been riding around our property and one that might be worth making run again. We go skiing a few times a winter.

My carhart jacket has been enough for the stuff I've done for many years, but wind has not been a factor for a while because I live North of Duluth in MN and don't usually go far or fast. We have public forest roads close to home for the ATVs and the SXS. And the snowmobile trail system is only a couple miles away too.

I don't anticipate going on long trail rides anytime soon, but would like to stay out for an hour or two and only my deer hunting coat blocks any amount of wind. My wife doesn't go out in the cold, but with 3 kids starting to get into riding, I see more winter rides in my future.

Anyone have any cheap wind blocking warm coats you would recommend for winter riding?

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a coat from RefrigiWear

My dad used to work for a food distributing warehouse and the employees there would wear these in the freezer. It's definitely warmer than my carhartt coat and I only wear it on super cold days down here in SC. Not sure if they make kids sizes though.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone have suggestions for a cheaper cold weather jacket? My oldest daughter is 12, and able to ride on public trails now. I haven't done much winter riding since I was about 20. Everything has been just around home. Now we have the . I have a couple older POO POO snowmobiles, one she has been riding around our property and one that might be worth making run again. We go skiing a few times a winter.

My carhart jacket has been enough for the stuff I've done for many years, but wind has not been a factor for a while because I live North of Duluth in MN and don't usually go far or fast. We have public forest roads close to home for the ATVs and the SXS. And the snowmobile trail system is only a couple miles away too.

I don't anticipate going on long trail rides anytime soon, but would like to stay out for an hour or two and only my deer hunting coat blocks any amount of wind. My wife doesn't go out in the cold, but with 3 kids starting to get into riding, I see more winter rides in my future.

Anyone have any cheap wind blocking warm coats you would recommend for winter riding?
Fixed it for ya!

Iwould sugest any good snowmobile jacket or a Milwaukee M12 heated jacket. Ultimetly tho where u live, you shuld be investing in at leat a soft enclosure and possibly a heater for your rig. Would be my next mod over a jacket

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone have suggestions for a cheaper cold weather jacket? My oldest daughter is 12, and able to ride on public trails now. I haven't done much winter riding since I was about 20. Everything has been just around home. Now we have the Pioneer. I have a couple older polaris snowmobiles, one she has been riding around our property and one that might be worth making run again. We go skiing a few times a winter.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup….
Just a bit more than a good jacket and worth while long term investment. I have 2 one for my pioneer and Talon. Ones of the best mods I did for cold weather. Just keeping the wind out is a god send. Can be a family xmas gift! Just remember, happy wife happy life;) this will take care of that.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you thought about using their regular winter wear with a windblocking rain jacket over it?
With kids growing at a rapid pace, a cheaper rain jacket may be all you need with their current winter wear.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Keep the kids warm and happy! I love the heated vest or bibs…Amazon has lots of choices. I have a long cable to plug the Queens warming suit in for longer journeys. Let the good times roll! And build precious memories .

Z

Zigblazer

Dec 28, 2021
NE MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The cab doesn't look too bad, but wouldn't work for the snowmobile or skiing. I have had the kids use raincoats to help with wind, but they are made so cheap these days that they rip apart with any actual use other than walking it seems. I got a cheap ($50) set of bibs from Amazon a few years ago, nothing special, but they block the wind well and with warm pants should work well. Kids have snow pants that probably will work, wife has finally started finding ones with more durable outer fabric so they don't get ripped apart so fast.

Reactions: Smitty335
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure is nice tooling around in my sweatshirt plowing snow in my soft enclosure and heater….get the rear gull wing doors for the kiddos and the rear soft panel.

great setup for ice fishing and hunting too.

0CEE5A74 FB86 4285 981C 9B8F39BD7A4F

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!