P500 Confused about wheel offset

ScottB

ScottB

Mar 4, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys,

My friend and I bought P500’s and want to replace the stock tires. Through what I’ve read on this site I decided to get bighorn 2 with 5+2 offset wheels. I understand it to be 2” wider than stock wheels on each side. Is that correct? My friend says the stock wheels are already 1.5” offset so the net width gain of the 5+2 is only 1/2” on each side. Now I’m confused!

Here is his confusing text: So,. The way I see it,. A 5+2 rim with 9" & 11" tires would add 1/2" of rim 1/2" of outside tire. 1" per side. 2" total. 4+3 would with same tire would add 2" per side for total of 4"

Can someone tell me the facts?

thank you.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
5/2 off set rims and 11 inch rears is 54 wide on mine. Also saw this post with stock offsets listed.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, the factory wheels aren't 7" so all that math goes out the window. There's also misinformation on some websites. A buddy at work was looking at 8" wheel specs from Dennis Kirk, website said they were 4+3, that's not possible.

Reactions: TripleB
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
And an ITP rep told me that the aftermarket offset numbers are 'approximate'. That's why you see some mfrs list in MM also. Wheel weights are vague also. Shop for your terrain and usage and find a rim and tire you like and run 'em. Add spacers if needed. I'm on four fronts (6") and 2.5" rear spacers so what do I know🤔....

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!