P500 Convert 500 to 520 airbox?

P

pefarmer

Mar 8, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone taken a look at converting the 500 to the 520 airbox? The purpose (in my view) would be to allow for a much lower bed/box on the 500, since from my look, the rack and fenders can be removed and we could build up custom from much closer to the main frame if the airbox weren't in the way. I haven't been able to find a 520 in the wild to see if they're different, or how they handle that. I know I could just trade up to a 520, but that would require one actually being available for purchase, which is just not the case in my area.

Thanks in advance!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A member posted some excellent photos of the under dump bed area. Could not find the thread, maybe they will chime in.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Hey: pefarmer
Welcome to this ragtag group of Honda 500/520 owners & riders.
A LOT of Good Info. & B.S. to be had here.

Nice thought on lowering the rack & add-on's using 520 air-box
That would lower the center of gravity for those on here that have a problem keeping the Shiney side UP.

I have seen them with the dump-box in up position easy service

Just the airbox & snorkel from there like the idea
Already done the BOX -- in my case would just be lowering -- & re-do the fender skirts ( all made from truck boxliner )
You got my attention will have to do some measuring if I can find the time.
If I lower theBox will that make it a P500 SPORT Model ?? Cool😎 -- 🤣

RED is the 1st.color all other colors followed & Honda hope's they sell.( Silver alert is in denial on this one.)
How are we going to if you own 1 without pictures?

20200725 122646 20200725 122406

• Haha
Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
S

SORGuy

May 31, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Hey: pefarmer
Welcome to this ragtag group of Honda 500/520 owners & riders.
A LOT of Good Info. & B.S. to be had here.

Nice thought on lowering the rack & add-on's using 520 air-box
That would lower the center of gravity for those on here that have a problem keeping the Shiney side UP.

I have seen them with the dump-box in up position easy service

Just the airbox & snorkel from there like the idea
Already done the BOX -- in my case would just be lowering -- & re-do the fender skirts ( all made from truck boxliner )
You got my attention will have to do some measuring if I can find the time.
If I lower theBox will that make it a P500 SPORT Model ?? Cool😎 -- 🤣

RED is the 1st.color all other colors followed & Honda hope's they sell.( Silver alert is in denial on this one.)
How are we going to if you own 1 without pictures?

View attachment 283463 View attachment 283464
Cool idea for fender skirts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!