P500 Coolant Leak on 2017 500

W

warrenboyd

Sep 15, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ownership

1. 500
I believe I have a coolant at the coolant bleed screw. Any other way of stopping it other than a sealing washer?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@warrenboyd
Capture2

Is your leak at part 10/14?
You could try replacing #10, but I don't see it listed as an orderable part thru procaliber.
If still under warranty, you might be better off sending it to the dealer and let them dig around for replacement pieces.

W

warrenboyd

Sep 15, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ownership

1. 500
@warrenboyd
View attachment 61032

Is your leak at part 10/14?
You could try replacing #10, but I don't see it listed as an orderable part thru procaliber.
If still under warranty, you might be better off sending it to the dealer and let them dig around for replacement pieces.

That does look like it. Thanks very much for your help.

H

HondaTech

It would appear that Honda removed that bleed screw pipe after 2016. The 2017 and up models just have a rubber hose in its place. Babbits diagrams have both showing but you can't select the parts related to the bleed hose. They've moved the bleeder to the thermostat housing.

Reactions: lee
W

warrenboyd

Sep 15, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ownership

1. 500
It would appear that Honda removed that bleed screw pipe after 2016. The 2017 and up models just have a rubber hose in its place. Babbits diagrams have both showing but you can't select the parts related to the bleed hose. They've moved the bleeder to the thermostat housing.
The bleeder was on the thermostat housing but the leak was from a very loose hose clamp on the housing hose. A number of the coolant hose clamps were not very tight. Thanks.

Reactions: Chooglin
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very frustrating @warrenboyd Thanks for coming back and closing out your issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!