P1000 Copnhgn’s 2018 1000-3 LE Build

C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Making the 4 hr journey to pick up a New 2018 1000-3 LE from Tennessee to Alabama. Found a heck of a deal so the 4 hr drive will be worth it.

Made the deal 2 weeks ago so Amazon boxes already showing up at the house before the Pioneer does.

Its to easy during this Covid 19 mess to sit at home and look on HondaSXS for ideas and just start ordering stuff. Two browsers open HondaSXS and Amazon. If I don’t start building this weekend this thing is going to cost me a fortune in accessories.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Making the 4 hr journey to pick up a New 2018 1000-3 LE from Tennessee to Alabama. Found a heck of a deal so the 4 hr drive will be worth it.

Made the deal 2 weeks ago so Amazon boxes already showing up at the house before the Pioneer does.

Its to easy during this Covid 19 mess to sit at home and look on HondaSXS for ideas and just start ordering stuff. Two browsers open HondaSXS and Amazon. If I don’t start building this weekend this thing is going to cost me a fortune in accessories.

Welcome to the club from Tennessee. Pics

Reactions: Copnhgn and JenElio
C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are some pics of pickup in Alabama.
E0623AA1 1D7C 4C2B BAD4 FE1BD5A2CBC4
78C62840 F668 4CAD A6BF 6231F94D02ED
C39AB8BB DE39 4926 98E4 F06C4A1F476B
CCAD4F43 9FD8 40A4 80F6 A3BEAC2A9054

Last edited:
C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are my current items on order and plans. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you see I’m making a mistake with something.

Installed at dealership before picking up-
Honda oem hard roof
Honda split windshield

bought a Honda Bimini top off Facebook just cause it was cheap and didn’t want to run hardtop all the time.

Items on order-
Mystic1219 switch panel
Not installed just photo he sent as an example
3896839C 7453 4DF0 8CFE 740692D41716

Electrical set-up-
Bussman 100 amp circuit breaker

Blue seas fuse box-

Cole Hersee marine use continuous duty solenoid-
plan to use key switch power to supply power to fuse block for power to all components. I have young kids and don’t want to chance someone leaving a switch on. May change up if I install second battery in future.

6awg welding cable - running from battery to circuit breaker to solenoid to fuse box

Positap- to get switch power to solenoid Amazon.com: POSI-TAP Assortment pack wire connectors 10-22 awg …: Automotive

Battery tender extension socket mount- Can I connect this straight to circuit breaker?

Mictuning voltage meter-

Expandable braided cable sleeve-

12x12x1/8 abs plastic- going to attempt a mounting plate to mount electrical components to

Tunes- not wanting something extremely loud just something to listen to radio when around the house working and maybe tunes from phone when trail riding

Boss mgr350b marine radio

Boss 4” mrwt40 wakeTower speakers

Boss Marine dipole hideaway antenna Robot Check

Anchor marine Speaker wire- Robot Check

Usb extension- to run from back of radio to switch panel- Amazon.com: BATIGE Single Port USB 3.0 Male to Female AUX Car Mount Flush Cable Waterproof Extension for Car Truck Boat Motorcycle Dashboard Panel - 3ft: Computers & Accessories

Colored electrical tape- to mark ends of wire at fuse box and at component to keep track of where items are landed

Lights-
Nilight 300W 12” light bar- this thing is impressive just installed one on my sons Ace. Going to mount on from brush guard in front of Honda Robot Check

Nilight 6.5” 120 W pods for rear- going to mount on rear roll cage below roof between

Nilight wire harnesses with rocker switch

Nilight bar clamps for mounting lights Robot Check

Bed
Diamond plate rubber roll- to cut out a bed mat

My wife might not appreciate it, but thanks to everyone on here for ideas for build. All ideas came from searching on this site.

I think these should keep me busy for a few hours when they all arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love the color but I would owning a 5 seat 18 LE.
I went hunting a 3 seat just like yours but the wife convinced me I needed to be a bus driver too.
Nice rig man.

I do too, didn’t plan it that way but it matches the truck.

Debated back and forth between 5 and 3 seaters, I would like the extra seats with kids but also didn’t want the roll cage to hinder work around the house.

Final decision came when I found the great deal on the dealer holdover on the 3 seater. Sometimes in life money makes decisions for us lol.

Just leaves more money to spend on accessories if the wife don’t kill me first 🤑

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stay away from nilight stuff.
Go to ebay, find rough country scratch n dent section. Might take a month of watching for the specific items you want, but they will show up eventually. RC is 10x the light Nilight is.

Reactions: JenElio and Mudwing
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go to ebay, find rough country scratch n dent section. Might take a month of watching for the specific items you want, but they will show up eventually. RC is 10x the light Nilight is.

Agreed RC lights are awesome.

Reactions: Isaiah
C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So I’m new to buying lights all together, so I’m curious what makes the rough country’s so much better that makes them worth the price difference?

I put a 12” nilight and a set of 4” nilight pods on my sons ace and so far I’ve been impressed, but they’ve only been installed a couple weeks. Also I don’t have nothing to compare them to.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a P1K-3 also. It is not an LE though. I tried the Honda soft top but didn't like it so I bought the red Alien Sunshade. It is a little cooler and quieter, it provides shade but won't stop rain. I live in the Deep South so rain doesn't really hurt much!
IMG 1123

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’m new to buying lights all together, so I’m curious what makes the rough country’s so much better that makes them worth the price difference?

I put a 12” nilight and a set of 4” nilight pods on my sons ace and so far I’ve been impressed, but they’ve only been installed a couple weeks. Also I don’t have nothing to compare them to.

The light output is significantly better, they stay sealed and I have never had one go bad. I've had a nilight bar die the first night I rode it and it was the only light on the machine. That sucked

Reactions: Haldog77 and Isaiah
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I may be a bit biased, but that's a fine lookin machine! :)
May I suggest a few more items?

*winch (dont' go cheap. get a good one)
*extend the vent lines
*you'll eventually want to upgrade the tires.. 2 ply front/4 ply rears suck.
*mystic makes a nice switch panel, but I'm partial to the Concours Specialties LED backlit panel.
*if the heat from under the seat (particularly the passenger side) gets bothersome, there are plenty of threads here showing how to lessen this
*also agree on lights.. get quality. In fact.. don't go cheap crap on anything. You'll just end up replacing it anyway
*Seizmik side mirrors. excellent clarity, great quality, and great cust service.

**edit** Get the longer HD cables for the tailgate. Why Honda makes them short so the gate doesn't lay flat is beyond me... one of the members here makes them. They work freakin great.

Just remember, the purchase price is just the beginning. :)

Welcome!!
IMG 3627
IMG 4624

C

Copnhgn

May 6, 2020
Andersonville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I may be a bit biased, but that's a fine lookin machine! :)
May I suggest a few more items?

*winch (dont' go cheap. get a good one)
*extend the vent lines
*you'll eventually want to upgrade the tires.. 2 ply front/4 ply rears suck.
*mystic makes a nice switch panel, but I'm partial to the Concours Specialties LED backlit panel.
*if the heat from under the seat (particularly the passenger side) gets bothersome, there are plenty of threads here showing how to lessen this
*also agree on lights.. get quality. In fact.. don't go cheap crap on anything. You'll just end up replacing it anyway
*Seizmik side mirrors. excellent clarity, great quality, and great cust service.

**edit** Get the longer HD cables for the tailgate. Why Honda makes them short so the gate doesn't lay flat is beyond me... one of the members here makes them. They work freakin great.

Just remember, the purchase price is just the beginning. :)

Welcome!!View attachment 202966View attachment 202969

Which winch do you suggest? I think that will most likely be my next purchase?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!